Author Topic: Bulk Fermenting No Kneed Dough.  (Read 557 times)

Offline patnugent

Bulk Fermenting No Kneed Dough.
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:00:55 PM »
So normally when I make a pan/deepdish.scicilian pizza, I bulk rise my NY style dough for 3 hours.  cut it into 3.  Roll it, bowl it, and stick it in the fridge for 8-12 hours(till we start preheating the oven.)
I want to try a pan/deepdish pie with no kneed/roll.  I plan to roll 2 slices of dough tomorrow and just put the 3rd in a pan, stick it in the fridge until 3-4 hours before pizza.

Any clues how this will turn out?  I can't imagine it being bad, our pizza is typically pretty awesome as long as I make the dough sober(which I did today.)

Unless I read something horrible before tomorrow morning, I am doing this.  Will post results.  I don't measure stuff because I'm lazy and have gotten pretty good at eyeing things(again, when sober) so I won't throw that info in, but it's typical NY style dough made with good NY water.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: Bulk Fermenting No Kneed Dough.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
I think it will probably turn out real nice Pat.
When you say "roll it" I assume you are talking about a small amount of kneading in your hand while forming the ball...."balling", right? And for your pan/DD experiment you are going to forgo balling one of the cut pieces from your bulk and simply press that into your pan. I think it sounds like you have it under control, especially with your mention about taking it out of the frig. 3-4 hrs. ahead of your other balled dough balls. You might want to see if you can sneak in a good amount of oil under the panned dough before topping for crispyness. But that's just a thought.
Good luck....don't forget that pic!  :chef:
Bob
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline patnugent

Re: Bulk Fermenting No Kneed Dough.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 01:54:13 AM »
Bob, You have it right. 
as for oil under the dough....  That's the only way.  A decent coat of OO  is the only way...  Will de sure to let you know how it goes.