Author Topic: Prep Table Recomendations  (Read 787 times)

Offline Yeasty Boy

Prep Table Recomendations
« on: April 30, 2013, 01:03:39 PM »
I have a Primavera 70 (pic below). Since the photo was take, I've added a hemisphere-shaped brick patio around it.

As of right now I prep on an old laminate counter top remnant from a kitchen renovation of a few years ago. I place it on a card table alongside the oven.

As sexy as this appears ;), I would like to upgrade to something nicer.

I am considering stacking some wide pavers from Home Depot, and placing a granite counter top on top of them. No mortar...just stacked blocks with a counter top. The company next door to me sells granite remnants cheap, so it seemed like a good idea to go that route. Sexy + inexpensive.

My question - The patio is uncovered. Acid rain exists. Birds poop. Etc. Is having an exposed granite top smart? Or should I continue my makeshift, yet predominately acceptable card table operation. Or is there something better?

I don't want to break the bank, but I would like something aesthetically nice and functional. Any thoughts are appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 01:07:28 PM by Yeasty Boy »

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Re: Prep Table Recomendations
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »
Yeasty Boy , nice oven. I too have my oven outside, yet covered . A lean to works and can be draped with heavy plastic tarps during rain/snow. I would suggest granite, tile, SS anything hard, smooth and dense. I would keep it covered when not in use and wipe with a simple disinfectant liquid before use. I use 1 tbs bleach/ gal water.

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Online wheelman

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:47:28 PM »
I have an outdoor marble table that i use for prep.   i have a rolling table that matches up with it. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11990.msg248941.html#msg248941
i just wash it off before i use it like Mark does. 
bill

Offline Yeasty Boy

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:29:40 AM »
Thanks to both of you for the replies. I think I'll give the granite a shot.

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »
The most important part of my prep table is the insulated trough for holding the ingredient containers. Put some ice in it and everything stays nice and cold even when it is 100F outside.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,18634.msg181562.html#msg181562
I love pigs. They convert vegetables into bacon.