Author Topic: Garlic Infused  (Read 648 times)

Offline the1mu

Garlic Infused
« on: December 19, 2015, 06:01:09 AM »
So one of my wife's favorite things are garlic knots. It just pizza dough knotted up and brushed with butter.

I have tried everything I can think off with the garlic; chalking, grinding, smashing, etc, but if I have the garlic it practically burns before the knots brown.

Is there a way to infuse the butter with the garlic but not put the garlic on top?

At this point, I am considering infusing oil instead and using that for brushed on for the bake and then just doing a bit of butter after to add that butter taste/keep the skins soft.

Any thoughts?

Offline Fire-n-smoke

Re: Garlic Infused
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 09:34:11 AM »
I mince my garlic super fine and then mix it in with the dough.  As for the oil, I put garlic in a small pan, cover it with oil, and then put it in the oven at 300F for about an hour or two.  Garlic comes out mellow, the oil is infused, and I mash the garlic to use as a spread for some of my pork sandwiches.  The garlic stays good if you keep a little oil over it in a container and in the fridge.
tom

Offline the1mu

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 10:24:56 AM »

I mince my garlic super fine and then mix it in with the dough.  As for the oil, I put garlic in a small pan, cover it with oil, and then put it in the oven at 300F for about an hour or two.  Garlic comes out mellow, the oil is infused, and I mash the garlic to use as a spread for some of my pork sandwiches.  The garlic stays good if you keep a little oil over it in a container and in the fridge.
tom

I'm drooling!!

I will give it a try!

After doing some online reading, I may try heating the butter gently on the stove with smashed garlic and then straining out the cloves. I know butter once melted doesn't ever have the same consistent but it is just going to get baked, so... Shouldn't be an issue!

Offline petef

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:52:20 PM »
For the sake of food safety, please read the thread at link below. Garlic infused oil can become highly toxic.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=39893.msg401455#msg401455

Offline pizapizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:26:34 AM »
they don't burn in stuffed garlic knots  ;D