Author Topic: Blackstone Pizza Oven  (Read 351390 times)

Offline pt

Re: Blackstone Pizza Oven
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2013, 03:48:39 PM »
My oven came with both stones cracked down the middle  >:( and the rotating panel not square with the welded bar. It is out of square by about 1.5 on one side.  Luckily the panel does not rub anywhere as it rotates.  All these issues will be corrected, but since my dough is made I plan on using the oven tonight.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »
My oven came with both stones cracked down the middle  >:( and the rotating panel not square with the welded bar. It is out of square by about 1.5 on one side.  Luckily the panel does not rub anywhere as it rotates.  All these issues will be corrected, but since my dough is made I plan on using the oven tonight.

That stinks the stones are cracked, and it sounds like yours is welded more crooked than mine. I would use it too!

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »
Okay so someone asked for a video so I made my first youtube video ever. I shot this with my left hand while loading and stuff with my right, so that's why it's pretty shaky. This pizza cooked in about the same amount of time as my first try but the oven was a bit cooler. I need a new IR gun because it does not read the temps as advertised so I'm not really too sure of the stone temp.

Offline dhorst

« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2013, 04:09:36 PM »
Okay so someone asked for a video so I made my first youtube video ever. I shot this with my left hand while loading and stuff with my right, so that's why it's pretty shaky. This pizza cooked in about the same amount of time as my first try but the oven was a bit cooler. I need a new IR gun because it does not read the temps as advertised so I'm not really too sure of the stone temp.

Looks great!  Thanks for sharing.  It sure is tempting.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »
Perfect bake Jeff!  You're making me want to make pizza again already! 

Offline Everlast

« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »
These are some pretty impressive results for the price of the oven. I'm amazed that the warm up time to get the deck to 850F is 8 minutes. It takes me a solid 10 minutes with the burner cranked full blast on the 2stone Inferno. I'm guessing it's the difference in materials for the two ovens.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 04:21:32 PM by Everlast »

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
Very nice Jeff.
Pizza is not bread.

Online slybarman

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »
Did it come with a cover by chance?

Online dsissitka

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2013, 04:39:59 PM »
Did it come with a cover by chance?

Afraid not.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

@everlast- the two times I have done it I took about 15 minutes to heat it up. I'm sure I could have done it faster, but I didn't set it to max flame to warm it up.

@slybarm- I'm thinking of using my bbq cover to cover it because my bbq doesn't really need it and I don't want the stones getting wet.

Online slybarman

« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2013, 04:54:23 PM »
Thx. 15 minutes to heat up is still way better than the 1.5 hrs my home oven needs.

Online Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2013, 04:59:09 PM »
Got mine last night. Easy to put together. Had to adjust the collar, as my turntable was resting on the lip of the outer shell.

It's heavier than I tought it would be 113lb. 10PSI regulator.

These six that I balled up this morning are gonna hit the stone around 7:15. My GF just took them out of the fridge.
Made them with the new GM Neopolitan Style Hearth Flour @ 62% hr, so I'll be performing two tests at once.

This dough worked up beautifully. Fermented in the same manner as any 00 dough I've made. Airy and light....We'll see what happens when I put the spurs to the heat,
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 05:14:02 PM by Mmmph »
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Online Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2013, 05:00:10 PM »
The stones seem a little light...flimsy.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2013, 07:29:39 PM »
The stones seem a little light...flimsy.

I agree they are a little light. But the most I have cooked so far is 2 in a row. Since you have 6 ready to go, I would be curious to see if the oven can cook them as fast as you make them or if a few pies in you have to let the stone come back to temp.

Offline JRo

« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2013, 07:45:07 PM »
I agree they are a little light. But the most I have cooked so far is 2 in a row. Since you have 6 ready to go, I would be curious to see if the oven can cook them as fast as you make them or if a few pies in you have to let the stone come back to temp.

Another great looking pie, Jeff!

I did 10 pies in a row on Sunday night.  I cooked them about as fast as I could make them, so maybe a few minutes between each.  I started turning the heat down between bakes, and then cranking it back up after I loaded.  Without turning the heat down, the stone temp kept right on creeping up - did not seem to be any problem at all with successive pies cooling the stone.

Online Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2013, 07:57:46 PM »
First bake with the Blackstone...Judge for yourselves.

Six Margheritas in a row. No probs. I played with the temp knob. I found it hard to screw up with this thing.

All bakes between 55-75 seconds. This pics are in chronological order.

This GM Neopolitan Hearth Style Flour is pretty good. The Bel Gioiso cheese was pretty crappy.

My LBE is in semi retirement now.

Offline pacdunes

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2013, 08:02:27 PM »
those are great looking pies.  I think this blackstone product is the real deal and at a price point that rocks.  (Rookie here trying to learn a few things from you seasoned pros.  I'm going to be building an outdoor kitchen and seriously "was" thinking about getting the WFO designed into it.)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2013, 08:12:11 PM »
Dang Mmmph...out of the box goodness. Your "seasoned pro" skills are showing....great work!   :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Online slybarman

« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2013, 08:15:34 PM »
First bake with the Blackstone...Judge for yourselves.

Six Margheritas in a row. No probs. I played with the temp knob. I found it hard to screw up with this thing.

All bakes between 55-75 seconds. This pics are in chronological order.

This GM Neopolitan Hearth Style Flour is pretty good. The Bel Gioiso cheese was pretty crappy.

My LBE is in semi retirement now.

Dang is right.  :drool:

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2013, 08:28:45 PM »
Nice work Mmmph.  Yeah, my lbe will be used for wokking and deep frying outdoors now.

pizzapan