Author Topic: Blackstone Pizza Oven  (Read 285741 times)

Offline jeffereynelson

Re: Blackstone Pizza Oven
« Reply #860 on: July 08, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »
You guys shouldn't wait so long.  ;)

+1- we all told you guys to just get it a long time ago haha.

Offline DenaliPete

• Supporting Member
« Reply #861 on: July 09, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
My order still reads as processing as well.  Wonder how long it will take them to restock.

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2013, 09:48:02 AM »
I e-mailed them 3 days ago saying I need a parts list to buy some replacement parts....no response.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #863 on: July 09, 2013, 11:04:32 AM »
I just talked with Customer Service at Griddle Guru 'cause I was a little concerned about the order I placed yesterday. It's still listed as "PROCESSING" and the Blackstone Oven is showing out of stock. They informed me that they are not out of stock and have plenty more units on hand. The item counter on the web site needs to be reset, as it only allows a certain number of units to be included in the online order inventory. So as soon as they reset the counter, they will be available again. He also mentioned that they are a little backed up from the long holiday weekend orders and my order would probably go out today or tomorrow at the latest. So those looking to purchase, watch the site for availability. Take care!

Jim
The pathologically precise are annoying, but right!

Offline pt

« Reply #864 on: July 09, 2013, 11:06:44 AM »
Bob, I think they might be overwhelmed with emails as it is probably the fastest selling product ever for them.  I am guessing they sold several thousand ovens with most of the sells in the last month.

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
I e-mailed them 3 days ago saying I need a parts list to buy some replacement parts....no response.

Bob,

When/if you get that BS parts list, could you post it here? I for one would be interested in having it for reference. Thanks in advance and take care!

Jim

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #866 on: July 09, 2013, 11:21:22 AM »
Bob, I think they might be overwhelmed with emails as it is probably the fastest selling product ever for them.  I am guessing they sold several thousand ovens with most of the sells in the last month.
pt, is this just a stab in the dark number(several thousand)or is there some sort of indicator to you that makes you feel this may be a close ball park figure?

Online tinroofrusted

• Supporting Member
  • Experimenting....
« Reply #867 on: July 09, 2013, 11:23:12 AM »
Parts List from the manual:

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #868 on: July 09, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »
Bob,

When/if you get that BS parts list, could you post it here? I for one would be interested in having it for reference. Thanks in advance and take care!

Jim
Certainly Jim....the grills don't include a replacement parts list in the package I assume?

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #869 on: July 09, 2013, 11:46:02 AM »
Just the users manual in the box we opened.
Dave

Offline red kiosk

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #870 on: July 09, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
Certainly Jim....the grills don't include a replacement parts list in the package I assume?

Bob,

There's a general parts list/illustration for assembly in the manual, but not something with part numbers & prices that you would use to order replacement parts.

Jim

Offline etout

« Reply #871 on: July 09, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »
In case anyone is interested........I called Blackstone and inquired how much the stones themselves cost in the event that they break or wear out after the 1yr warranty period....only $15 for each top/bottom stone. I think $30 for the pair is pretty reasonable, and would think the heat shield and other wear-able parts are going to be just as inexpensive.

The Blackstone customer service is very responsive and easy to deal with, anyone can call to ask about the part prices....they seemed to have that info readily available (I wish I asked about other part prices).
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:04:13 PM by etout »

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #872 on: July 09, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »
In case anyone is interested........I called Blackstone and inquired how much the stones themselves cost in the event that they break or wear out after the 1yr warranty period....only $15 for each top/bottom stone. I think $30 for the pair is pretty reasonable, and would think the heat shield and other wear-able parts are going to be just as inexpensive.

The Blackstone customer service is very responsive and easy to deal with, anyone can call to ask about the part prices....they seemed to have that info readily available (I wish I asked about other part prices).
Great; thanks etout, now would you kindly post the number you are calling? Thanks!  :chef:

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #873 on: July 09, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline pt

« Reply #874 on: July 09, 2013, 01:42:09 PM »
Bob, Im stabbing in the dark on this one my friend but with the distribution they had at Cabelas and other outlets along with and the great price/free shipping at Griddleguru I can see 3-4K units shipped pretty easy.   

Offline scott123

« Reply #875 on: July 09, 2013, 02:15:50 PM »
Bob, Im stabbing in the dark on this one my friend but with the distribution they had at Cabelas and other outlets along with and the great price/free shipping at Griddleguru I can see 3-4K units shipped pretty easy.

If you use the guests/members figures on the front page as a guide, lurkers outnumber members by a factor of about 5, give or take.  Lurker behavior tends to mimic member behavior, so if around 30 members have purchased these ovens, then I think 150 isn't a bad projected figure for lurker sales.  As far as online word of mouth goes, though, this community is pretty much it.  The blackstone was mentioned in the comments section of Slice, and that probably sold a handful of units, but there's really no online discussions driving sales other than us.  I'm sure Cabelas advertised in print and had it on display in their stores, and that was responsible for additional sales, but I highly doubt those were in the thousands.

Based on this, my guesstimate for total units sold to date is no more than 800.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:17:36 PM by scott123 »

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #876 on: July 09, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »
Bob...All the info you seek is here..Including the product manual.

http://www.blackstoneproducts.com/

http://www.blackstoneproducts.com/manuals/1575_PizzaOven_manual.pdf
Perfect Mmmph...thank you sir.  :chef:
I was dialing a dead # from a different site of theirs. 

For those interested... The manual says to call them if one needs parts...so if I am able to get them to email me a list I will post it.

Offline jeffereynelson

« Reply #877 on: July 09, 2013, 02:24:39 PM »
Perfect Mmmph...thank you sir.  :chef:
I was dialing a dead # from a different site of theirs. 

For those interested... The manual says to call them if one needs parts...so if I am able to get them to email me a list I will post it.

You (and scott) certainly have the most questions out of anyone who doesn't even own the product  :-D

EDIT: Oh my bad bob, I missed you bought one.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:43:39 PM by jeffereynelson »

Offline scott123

« Reply #878 on: July 09, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »
You (and scott) certainly have the most questions out of anyone who doesn't even own the product  :-D

Bob's a recent owner.  I don't buy anything without researching the living daylights out of it :)

Online Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #879 on: July 09, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »
If you use the guests/members figures on the front page as a guide, lurkers outnumber members by a factor of about 5, give or take.  Lurker behavior tends to mimic member behavior, so if around 30 members have purchased these ovens, then I think 150 isn't a bad projected figure for lurker sales.  As far as online word of mouth goes, though, this community is pretty much it.  The blackstone was mentioned in the comments section of Slice, and that probably sold a handful of units, but there's really no online discussions driving sales other than us.  I'm sure Cabelas advertised in print and had it on display in their stores, and that was responsible for additional sales, but I highly doubt those were in the thousands.

Based on this, my guesstimate for total units sold to date is no more than 800.
One of the links Mmmph provided shows Lowes home improvement as a retailer...I thought that was pretty interesting and gives me more confidence that maybe these grills will stay available despite the problems we're seeing.

I believe the most serious one being the flashback issue. And the manual does in fact address that issue. Oddly though it recommends" removing the burner(s) "once a year to clean them(yes, they do talk about insects). As we know the burner can't be removed so manual is probably generic. Something tells me they would gladly allow anyone that wanted to drill out the rivets to do so.

CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Regularly clean your Pizza Oven between uses and especially after extended periods of storage.
Ensure that the Pizza Oven and its components are sufficiently cool before cleaning.

Never handle hot parts with unprotected hands.

In order to extend and maintain the life and condition of your Pizza Oven, we strongly
recommend that the unit be covered when left outside for any length of time, especially
during the winter months.
Burner maintenance:
In most circumstances, burning off the residue after cooking will keep the burner clean. The burner
should be removed and cleaned annually or whenever heavy build-up is found in order to ensure that
there is no blockage (debris, insects) in either the burner portholes or venture tubes.
Use pipe cleaner
to clear obstructions. A wire brush can be used to remove corrosion from the burner surfaces. When
refitting the burner, be careful to check that the venture tubes of the burner fit over the valve outlets.
Fittings and Storage:
Annual checking and tightening of metal fittings is recommended. Store the Pizza Oven in a cool dry
place. Cover the burners with aluminum foil in order to prevent insects or other debris from collecting
in the burner holes. If the Pizza Oven is to be stored indoors, the gas bottle must be disconnected
and left outside. The gas bottle should always be stored outside, out of reach of children, and in a dry,
well-ventilated area away from any sources of heat or ignition.
TROUBLE SHOOTING
PROBLEM
POSSIBLE CAUSE
SOLUTION
Burner will not light using the
ignition system.
Check battery.
LP gas cylinder is empty.
Faulty regulator.
Obstructions in the burner.
Obstructions in gas jets or
gas hose.