Author Topic: Classico crushed tomatoes on sale for $1 at Walmart!  (Read 9174 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Classico crushed tomatoes on sale for $1 at Walmart!
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
I was at our local bigstore Walmart last week and no Classico products on their shelves.  :(

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline communist

« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
Picked up 2 cans of the crushed at Wal-Mart in Tunkhannock PA Tuesday for 2 bucks.  Mark

Offline dmcavanagh

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2013, 11:53:14 AM »
my local store has a ton of them, they have a seperate display of Classico products located along with pizza shells like Boboli. Still no ground tomatoes though.

Offline Hobbs

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:49 PM »
Winston eh? Welcome to the forum Hobbs.
I was just down by you...bought a rust free '66 Mustang Fastback in the Village of Tobaccoville, NC.. You're not too far from "Mayberry" !  Cool   8)

Hey Bob thanks...yes I'm a born and raised NJ native..been a transplant for the last 2 years! Good score on the Fastback! Beautiful ride!

Had to google Mayberry...never knew AG was based out of NC! For some reason I always thought TX

BTW - I remember hearing Harris Teeter was to begin carrying Classico tomatoes IIRC..Will swing by a couple today and have a look.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:09:31 PM by Hobbs »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2013, 02:00:36 PM »
Hey Bob thanks...yes I'm a born and raised NJ native..been a transplant for the last 2 years! Good score on the Fastback! Beautiful ride!

Had to google Mayberry...never knew AG was based out of NC! For some reason I always thought TX

BTW - I remember hearing Harris Teeter was to begin carrying Classico tomatoes IIRC..Will swing by a couple today and have a look.
That would be nice....please let us know about Harris Teeter.  :chef:   I've gotten 6in1's there before.
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline redox

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
I went to Walmart's site and searched for Classico Crushed Tomatoes and if you navigate through a few choices it will list the availability of the tomatoes at your various local Walmart stores. The one I shop at was listed as "limited availability" but another one said "in stock." I went there and scored 8 cans. Three hours later when I got home and checked the store again it listed the tomatoes at that store as "out of stock." So it is quickly updated. I'm just posting this in case some people don't realize that this info is available. Yea! Eight cans. Pizza tonight, if my wife is sufficiently mollified by the terrific Thai dinner we had out last night.  :)

Offline Hobbs

« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2013, 03:32:12 PM »
I will definitely keep you posted, Bob.

Fortunate enough for me, I just found a local restaurant supplier here in WS (Chefsmart) that sells the full Stanislaus tomato line and 6-in-1's! #10 cans only...but I can definitely live with that...after all, the only drawback is more pizza.  :-D

Also picked up a brick each of whole and skim Luigi mozzarella...gonna give this a spin and see if it can displace my need for Grande.

Offline Surffisher2A

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2013, 06:21:59 PM »
Scored 15 cans today at my local WalMart!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2013, 02:04:48 AM »
I will definitely keep you posted, Bob.

Fortunate enough for me, I just found a local restaurant supplier here in WS (Chefsmart) that sells the full Stanislaus tomato line and 6-in-1's! #10 cans only...but I can definitely live with that...after all, the only drawback is more pizza.  :-D

Also picked up a brick each of whole and skim Luigi mozzarella...gonna give this a spin and see if it can displace my need for Grande.
I'm not even gonna talk about how jealous I am right now. I am in freak'in pizza wasteland my friend.  >:(
Always had good luck portioning and freezing baggies of sauce when ever I purchase a #10 Hobbs.  ;)
Please make sure to report back about your cheese score, thanks!  :chef:

Offline JHutchins

« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2013, 12:11:36 AM »
I thought I got the last can of crushed a couple weeks ago... a dented up can push way to the back. Last week I checked and they had another case so I grabbed four more cans. I really miss the ground!

Offline Hobbs

« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »
My local Walmart has them back in stock!! The Mrs just brought home half a dozen cans tonight!!

w00t

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2013, 01:28:49 PM »
While I was at my local Walmart the day before yesterday, I made a point to check out the canned tomatoes section to see if any Classico products were still in stock and being sold for $1, as they have been for many months. There were none. And I saw nothing--such as shelf tags--to suggest that they would be restocking the shelves with that product. I even looked for empty spaces where the Classico cans were previously stocked. There were other canned tomatoes in those spaces.

I hope I am wrong but I believe we have seen the end of the Classico tomatoes at Walmart. To be on the safe side, for those members who can still find the Classico tomatoes, they may want to stock up on them before they are gone.

Peter

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2013, 02:36:03 PM »
While I was at my local Walmart the day before yesterday, I made a point to check out the canned tomatoes section to see if any Classico products were still in stock and being sold for $1, as they have been for many months. There were none. And I saw nothing--such as shelf tags--to suggest that they would be restocking the shelves with that product. I even looked for empty spaces where the Classico cans were previously stocked. There were other canned tomatoes in those spaces.

I hope I am wrong but I believe we have seen the end of the Classico tomatoes at Walmart. To be on the safe side, for those members who can still find the Classico tomatoes, they may want to stock up on them before they are gone.

Ditto, here. No indication at my WalMart that there was ever any Classico canned tomato product at all.  :'(
Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Online caymus

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2013, 04:59:17 PM »

I hope I am wrong but I believe we have seen the end of the Classico tomatoes at Walmart. To be on the safe side, for those members who can still find the Classico tomatoes, they may want to stock up on them before they are gone. Peter

Same here. I switch back to Sclafani at $1.54/can.  Somehow I also bought a can of whole tomatoes by mistake with the crushed

Offline ness

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2013, 12:46:08 PM »
Haven't been here in a while, but was looking for info on tomatoes. Googled Classico and found that they're a subsidiary of Heinz. It looks like they're out of the tomato business -- just doing sauces now. We haven't had them at our local WalMart for months.
-------
John

Offline JHutchins

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2013, 12:18:34 PM »
I just used my last can of Classico crushed. It's back to sampling different  products for a substitute.

Offline stupidhaiku

« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2013, 07:54:55 AM »
Those lamenting the demise of the Classico tomatoes at Walmart might want to give their local grocery outlet (or used food store, as my father would say) a try.  I found the Classico crushed at a local one a few days ago.  Only a month past expiration! ;D
-Mike (one of them, anyway)

Offline Zing

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:52 PM »
Found some more Classico Crushed Tomatoes at the Pennsylvania-based discount department store chain Ollie's ("Good Stuff Cheap"). The expiration date is November 6, 2014 and the price is 89 cents a can.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2014, 11:07:47 PM »
Found some more Classico Crushed Tomatoes at the Pennsylvania-based discount department store chain Ollie's ("Good Stuff Cheap"). The expiration date is November 6, 2014 and the price is 89 cents a can.
Thank you Zing!!   :chef:

CB

Online waynesize

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2014, 07:19:02 PM »
Scored a dozen at Ollie's today

pizzapan