Thank you all for taking the time to respond! Special thanks to Spacetrucker for the encouragement and jsaras for the cautionary advice! I'm afraid that a Blackstone oven is out of the question for me given my current living situation
Fingers crossed - as I know the preferments may be more of a challenge, but I want to try the recipe that Craig provided below - Johnny’s clone - (THANK YOU!) for the dough. Since my stone is also 14" - can I simply double it in order to make 2? Jsaras - you mentioned that Craig also had a yeast chart - can you point me at that resource?
In any case I do have a few more questions as I get ready to make pizzas with my family this weekend:
1) I noticed that you all seem to make a bunch of dough at once. How long does it last after you have fermented it?
2) I bought a digital kitchen scale today. It says it reads in 0.10 oz/1.00 g. increments. Saying that, here's what I plan to do with the instructions provided:Preferment:
2.2 grains IDY (1 grain = 1/7000lb – measured with a reloading scale)
***Should this read 2.2 GRAMS? If yes, a slight problem given my scale only measures in 1.00 g. increments. I'll just throw a bit more on... Added to the preferment:
5g vegetable oil
When I ran the Johnny's clone percentages through the Lehmann dough calculator, I came up with the following (based on 2 balls of dough):Flour (100%): 577.41 g | 20.37 oz | 1.27 lbs
Water (60%): 346.45 g | 12.22 oz | 0.76 lbs
ADY (0.57%): 3.29 g | 0.12 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.87 tsp | 0.29 tbsp
Salt (2.4%): 13.86 g | 0.49 oz | 0.03 lbs | 2.89 tsp | 0.96 tbsp
Oil (2.0%): 11.55 g | 0.41 oz | 0.03 lbs | 2.57 tsp | 0.86 tbsp
Total (164.97%): 952.56 g | 33.6 oz | 2.1 lbs | TF = 0.075
Single Ball: 476.28 g | 16.8 oz | 1.05 lbs
Does this look alright?
3) So, my scale has an add and weigh TARE option. I'm thinking that will allow me to weigh the cup/bowl first, reset, and then add the ingredients?
4) I bought the King Arthur Bread Flour but could not find instant vs. active dry yeast, although I did find Fleischmann's Rapid Rise Highly Active Yeast - is this suitable?
5) Jsaras - I just bought some fresh basil (and an interesting freeze dried product) so that I can try out the quick microwave sauce that I saw you provide to another poster. I do not own a microwave, but was thinking I could just heat it up super quick to avoid overcooking?
6) I need to pick up the rubbermaid 6.2 cup containers still for the fermenting. You need to lightly oil them first, correct?
7) I thought I would follow the mixing and kneading instructions posted in Craig's Neopolitan recipe unless anyone has another suggestion?
I'll use parchment paper on my pizza peel to make things easier unless that is a total no no?
9) Unfortunately, my oven reduces cook temp automatically when set to convection
Should I just use the regular bake function and set to 500?
10) Finally, where should I position the pizza stone in the oven?
Thanks to all for the help once again! I'm thinking I should prepare the dough on Thursday so we can enjoy pizza on Saturday.