Author Topic: 1/4 inch Dough Joe Baking Steel  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Jan Sisu

• I Love Pizza!
Re: 1/4 inch Dough Joe Baking Steel
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2015, 03:57:23 PM »
Jersey Pie Boy,
Holy cow. What a lot of good information! I will have to think all this over......if I cut the steel in half it would not work as a griddle......Lots to think about. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH> THIS IS V V V V INFORMATIVE
Jan

Online Jersey Pie Boy

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2015, 04:31:10 PM »
Jan--Only my 1/2 is in two pieces. My 1/4 is a single piece. Good luck with it! 

I've gotten so much great help here, it's a wonderful group.

Offline Jon in Albany

• Lifetime Member
    • Jon In Albany Blog
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2015, 04:44:27 PM »

I've gotten so much great help here, it's a wonderful group.

I'm going to just keep agreeing. The amount of information and generous, friendly help available here is mind boggling.  I think one of my first forum posts was amazement at how much my pizza had improved after some pizzamaking.com reading.

Offline clarkth

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2015, 07:40:33 AM »

I'm going to just keep agreeing. The amount of information and generous, friendly help available here is mind boggling.  I think one of my first forum posts was amazement at how much my pizza had improved after some pizzamaking.com reading.

Agree also.  I don't have steel yet but when I do this will be the place to find everything I need

Offline DDT

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
Jan,
I don't have a steel but my stone is very thick and gives me good results. As far as throwing from a peel to a hot stone, I am sure all the purists on here will scold my suggestion. I use a product called a super peel and it was the game changer for me on getting pizzas into the oven. On the 00 flour, I was using that when I first started making my dough and before I found this site and then learned what others have said, that a home oven really can not reach the temps needed for this flour. Have fun.
Just my 2 cents,
Dave

Offline Jan Sisu

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: Today at 02:45:22 AM »
I made 5 pizzas before my oven stopped preheating. They were fabulous pizzas! I read someone suggested I try parchment paper since I never threw a pizza on a stone or steel. I am thrilled to say the parchment worked like a charm! After a few minutes I lifted the edge of the pizza and pulled the paper out. It's thrilling to make terrific pizza! I will have to look up super peel. Am unfamiliar with it.