Author Topic: Baking pizza on parchment paper  (Read 294 times)

Offline fazzari

• Lifetime Member
Baking pizza on parchment paper
« on: April 25, 2015, 09:36:52 PM »
Parchment paper has become an invaluable tool in my business.  I have no problem at all baking laminated cracker crusts on them and was wondering what would happen baking a homemade 67% hydrated American style pizza crust.  First off, you don't need any corn meal, or flour to let your pizza slide.  Just dress the dough on the parchment and slide into the oven.  This pizza was baked the entire time on the parchment, and I can't see where the parchment hindered this pizza in any way...the oven was 565 degrees.  This certainly would be an easy method for a beginning pizza guy!!

John

Offline deb415611

• Supporting Member
Re: Baking pizza on parchment paper
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 10:29:09 PM »
I used parchment for years with good results
Deb

Offline Harsh2206

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 06:23:06 PM »
I always use parchment. Too much mess in my tiny kitchen without it.

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 06:40:12 PM »
That undercarriage shot is another nail in the pizza stones absorb water myth.

Thanks for posting John.
Pizza is not bread. Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline parallei

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 07:11:26 PM »
and I can't see where the parchment hindered this pizza in any way...the oven was 565 degrees.  This certainly would be an easy method for a beginning pizza guy!!

John

Yep.  I always recommend it to the friends I've tried to turn on to "baking your own".

Offline nick57

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:04:54 PM »
I started off just using a peel with pretty good results. As time went on I decided to use parchment paper. My reasoning was if I spent all that time prepping and getting the pie ready, I did not really want a launch disaster. Then I would have to wait another 2 days to try again. I remove the paper after the skin is set, about 3 minutes, then it stays on the stone till finish. I have not noticed any decrease in the rise of the rim or browning. Though I have thought about trying just the peel again. I have not had any problems launching with the parchment. Of course if I got a Blackstone or WFO, no more paper, and I would have to improve my launching skills.

pizzapan