Author Topic: pizzeriapros.com videos, anyone every see them?  (Read 1445 times)

Rog

pizzeriapros.com videos, anyone every see them?
« on: March 24, 2004, 05:54:08 PM »
Hi everyone,
    I am from NY and want to start learning to make a pizzas. Has anyone here ever seen the videos put out at www.pizzeriapros.com? I want to know if it is worth the money. Also, any advice, websites that I could go to, to learn how to make a NY style pizza. My goal is to bring it somewhere down South and start my own business, maybe in a couple of years.  I'll probably be posting here a lot and reading a lot to get some pointers. Thanks

Offline nysauce

Re:pizzeriapros.com videos, anyone every see them?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 09:25:08 PM »
Hey,
   I found these also, but when you call the number they tell you that they are under new management.

Offline nysauce

Re:pizzeriapros.com videos, anyone every see them?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 11:09:38 AM »
Took a chance, and now I've taken the first step in opening up my NYC style  pizzeria   :P  .  OK I figured, there are no good videos/books out there that actually show you how to make a real NYC style pizza, I haven't seen anything on the food network or maybe I just always miss it.
The website pizzeriapros.com looks suspect (phone number listed is to some place else), but I decided it was worth the risk. So I nervously bought the video for NYC style pizza through their site wondering if I'd ever get anything. What I got in the mail about 2 weeks later was a really low budget video made with someone's video camera, all from one angle. The cover itself was nothing special, just a cardboard slip cover for VHS tapes, and the label on the tape was like something from an inkjet printer. The video was shot in a pizzeria somewhere in NJ. The video was good for one thing and that was learning how to prep the pie. The guy shows you exactly how to do it NY style, all by hand, no rolling pins, etc. They show you how to stretch the pie the way they do it in NY. they show you how to put on the sauce and the cheese. It's all exactly how NYC pizzerias do it. These guys are the real deal. The only thing is they don't go into how long to cook the pies or what to look for to know when it's done cooking, or when to turn the pies around in the oven, etc.. They just put it in the oven and don't say anything else about it. He also shows you how to make a white pie (no sauce), tomatoe pie (no cheese), bread sticks, and pizza flowers (pepperoni rolls). I don't know if it was worth 99 bucks, the whole video is about 1/2 hour, but if you want authentic NY preparation then this would be the video. They have 3 other videos that show you how to mix their particular dough, one to show how to make their sauce, and one other that shows you how to make scicillian style. I'll probably by them all eventually because it is the only video out there. The only thing better would be to go to a NYC pizzeria and ask they guy if you could video tape them which I doubt they'll let you do. Oh also the communication with these guys are horrible. It's only via e-mail and they won't answer all you're questions if they answer at all. The only thing they answered is when it pertains to the actual order. I asked about the contents of the other videos but they never got back to me. I'm planning to by the dough video next.