Author Topic: Mighty Pizza Oven  (Read 2523 times)

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
Mighty Pizza Oven
« on: January 10, 2014, 04:22:59 AM »
Few pictures form MPO owners they shared with me.

Singapore - Weber Silver Genesis B
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
Re: Mighty Pizza Oven
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:41:49 AM »
Massachusetts - Weber Q  300 - Caputo Flour - 45 Deg F weather
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:54:59 AM »
California - Weber Genesis Silver C

Used Rheinhart's Neo Neo dough recipe with pizzacraft 00 flour  and a full 48 hour ferment- 4.5 minutes
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:56:43 AM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert,

Offline RobBaker

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:08:27 AM »
The above pictures from Massachusetts are mine.  You'll notice in picture 4 of this posting the temp on the IR thermometer is 638 degrees.  I am consistently getting over 700 degrees in much colder weather (20 degrees) last night.  You'll notice in pictures 1-3 I am capturing more of the heat from my newer full grill baffle.  The picture with the IR thermometer does not implement the full grill baffle and hence the lower temperature reading.
I'm pulling pizzas off the stone in the area of 3 minutes.

The only downside of this oven is now my wife depends on me making the pizza   ;D

I'm giving the MPO (mighty pizza oven) high marks for providing the solution to my pizza baking requirements.
Rob Baker

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 11:22:28 AM »
Rob, You did awesome job with the MPO with your Weber Q  300 which max at  21700-BTU max. Plus you are using Caputo which is very hard to brown without high temperatures.
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:06:16 PM »
I made a cover for MPO using ceramic insulation. Houston weather was in the low 50's. Reached top stone temp in the mid of 700's and bottom stone high 700's with two burners on with the flame shield on. I  brought the bottom stone temp to mid 700's by spraying a bit of water on it.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:08:36 AM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »
I achieved over 800 deg f with MPO by using 3 burners, 2 outer burners on high and middle burner on low. I wrapped MPO with aluminum foil. And inserted a sheet of aluminum foil in the slot above the top stone with the shiny side facing the stone.  Both stones got cleaned, almost like new.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:49:10 AM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 05:48:17 AM »
I have been trying to get MPO into neo baking temperature since I joined this forum and shared my experience along the way on this forum.

Here's what made the difference in my last tests:

1- Centering MPO over 3 burners instead of 2 and using the 2 outer burners. This configuration allowed even heat between top and bottom stone. MPO reached 650 Deg F in this setup without any insulation.

2- on another test, I inserted an aluminum foil in the slot above MPO top stone. To keep the foil from sagging and touching the stone and keeping an air gap between, I used a piece of metal mesh and covered it with aluminum foil with shiny part facing the stone to reflect more radiation back to the stone. In with this setup, with only the two outer burners, MPO reached a balanced 725 deg f with.

3- Last night test, I covered MPO loosely with aluminum foil, made sure there is air gap under the foil cover. First used only the two outer burners, I felt it needed more heat, so I turned the middle burner on low. MPO was over 800f in 30 minutes.

I am planning to do a bake test this weekend using all purpose flour, I don't have any caputo flour. Based on the temperature reading of the top and bottom stones, I should have very balanced bake. Top and bottom stone temperatures were very close.

If successful, MPO is the only oven that can bake any type of pizza and most bread.
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 02:49:54 PM »
Less than 2 minutes pies on the grill with MPO covered with aluminimum foil.  32 f outdoor temp. MPO temperature low 800's
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 07:46:27 PM »
3 minutes pies with no insulation.
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 07:30:37 PM »
Trying new mod for MPO, 2 minutes bake using ~ 30,000 btu , organic all purpose flour, getting closer to balancing top and bottom stone temperature ~ 800 f
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:33:08 PM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert,

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
Trying new mod for MPO, 2 minutes bake using ~ 30,000 btu , organic all purpose flour, getting closer to balancing top and bottom stone temperature ~ 800 f
Good progress on the MPO!  The pictures are coming along nicely.  Still, if I'm being honest, I'd rather chomp on that mess above in "California - Weber Genesis Silver C" - after a minute or two I'd look like a baby eating pudding. :D
Dave

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 08:52:10 AM »
Thanks Dave.  I would do the same with "California - Weber Genesis Silver C" pies

I am still chasing the neapolitan pizza mirage on the grill with my MPO. I can't help it, Craig's and Dylan's pies hunt my dreams. I have done everything else, NY pizza, bread, DD pizza, roasting and grilling with my MPO on the grill.

But, I think I am getting close ... I need to improve my neapolitan dough recipe...
Bert,

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 04:05:03 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I would do the same with "California - Weber Genesis Silver C" pies

I am still chasing the neapolitan pizza mirage on the grill with my MPO. I can't help it, Craig's and Dylan's pies hunt my dreams. I have done everything else, NY pizza, bread, DD pizza, roasting and grilling with my MPO on the grill.

But, I think I am getting close ... I need to improve my neapolitan dough recipe...
Do what I do, just block their posts and get some sleep. :chef:
Dave

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
Not that easy Dave.

Today pie is from the same batch of of dough just longer fermentation, I handle it a bit better, and used different sauce. 2:05 bake time.
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 07:49:40 PM »
More tweaking, still using all purpose flour, 2:10 bake time.

I will be trying Caputo next time
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 06:34:33 AM by MightyPizzaOven »
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
Testing a new mod for MPO with emergency Caputo flour dough. 2 minutes bake time
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:50:18 PM »
KABF same day dough, 2 hrs bulk, 3 Hrs balled. 260 g balls baked at mid 600s f, less than 3 minute bake time. Using 2 gas burners (24,000BTU total)
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 04:53:12 PM »
more pics
Bert,

Offline MightyPizzaOven

• Supporting Member
    • Mighty Pizza Oven .com
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »
MPO naked fatty following instruction from  http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140058

Lemon pepper rub,  wood pecan chips for smoking. Cooked for two hours at 275 to 300 F (one burner on low),

Tasted really good.
Bert,