Author Topic: Pizzacraft portable outdoor oven Pizzeria Pronto- Sur La Table  (Read 12011 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizzacraft portable outdoor oven Pizzeria Pronto- Sur La Table
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 12:11:27 AM »
I just found an ad for these at Canadian Tire and they are on sale for $199.99. I might get one instead of a Blackstone because there's no place I've found in Canada that sells the Blackstone for less than $800 plus taxes and shipping. I've really got my heart set on a BS because of all the positive reviews on this forum but I'm not going to spend $900 for one. $200 is lot less and if it does a good job, why not.

I'm a fan of this little Pronto as well.  As luck would have it, the Product Manager was at the International Pizza Expo in Vegas a few months ago and we spent some time talking as he made a pie for me on this little oven.  The oven did a nice job, especially given the size and the frugal use of propane.  To be honest, the pizza didn't have the char points that Neo lovers seek, but otherwise, the crust was evenly golden brown and the top cheese was nicely cooked without charring.

Dave

Dave do you have one of these or is your experience just the one time at the Expo?

Offline Tampa

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »
I just found an ad for these at Canadian Tire and they are on sale for $199.99. I might get one instead of a Blackstone because there's no place I've found in Canada that sells the Blackstone for less than $800 plus taxes and shipping. I've really got my heart set on a BS because of all the positive reviews on this forum but I'm not going to spend $900 for one. $200 is lot less and if it does a good job, why not.

Dave do you have one of these or is your experience just the one time at the Expo?
Hi Hillbilly,
I don't own one, just spent time with it at the Expo.  IMO, the Pronto and BS serve different markets and sell at different price points.  Pronto does well for one or two pies, non-neo, low fuel use, outdoor tabletop/camping/tailgater type environment.  I thought the bake was remarkably even given the non-rotating platter.  Golden-brown crust is easily achieved.

Dave

Offline SF City Gal

• There's little better than a great pizza!
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 10:32:21 PM »
Those of you who have a Pizzeria Pronto or are considering it may be interested to know they plan on releasing extra long legs as an option in July (as currently planned).  The company told me that they plan on charging $49.99 for it. It may be an option that appeals to you.

FWIW, One of the reasons I didn't buy the PP oven was that these legs bring the price up to about $350, and that is what I paid for the Groupon offer for the Blackstone, which can also handle other foods and has a motor.  I don't have table space in my garden and wanted a taller oven so my creaky middle aged knees didn't have to squat down to get pizzas in and out of an oven.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 11:18:04 AM »
The deciding factor for me is whether I plan to take one along vs. A Blackstone in our newly ordered RV which will accommodate a Pizzeria Pronto.

Are there any differences in the identical looking Pizzaque and the Pizzeria Pronto?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:19:46 AM by Davydd »
Davydd

Offline Hillbilly

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 12:38:59 PM »
The deciding factor for me is whether I plan to take one along vs. A Blackstone in our newly ordered RV which will accommodate a Pizzeria Pronto.

Are there any differences in the identical looking Pizzaque and the Pizzeria Pronto?

I picked up one of the PizzaQue's a couple of days ago and I can't see any difference between it and the PP.

So far I've only made 2 pies in the PQ and it looks very promising. I didn't preheat enough on this first one and got an undercooked bottom crust. The second one I preheated on high for about 15 minutes and cooked on high for about 5 minutes, rotating a couple of times and the crust turned out great. Both the top and bottom were crusty and nicely balanced. The spring was good too. After a few more pies I will know if this is it for me or if I will still go for a BS down the road.

Oh, congratulations on the new RV. 

John

Offline ipatricktrevino

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2014, 03:22:42 PM »
Finally got to play with my pizzacraft outside.  It was a pretty windy day I don't think the temperature broke 800 degrees and thats according to the built in pizzacraft thermometer.  I'm still very pleased with the oven.

In the attached pic you'll see about as brown as I like my cheese and toppings to be.  Any more well done I think the cheese loses elasticity.  I use a pizza screen making it A LOT easier to insert and remove the pizza from the small opening.  While the pizza technically doesn't have direct contact with the stone, its very close.  Without the screen I fear a disaster when trying to turn the pizza which is necessary as the rear gets very much hotter than the front.   

Next I'm going to experiment with using just one stone instead of two, I figure less heat will be lost inbetween, and it will cook in less than 2 minutes.  This will require a few turns to keep it even but like I said turning the pizza is very easy now that Im using a pizza screen.   

I had another idea for people who like a very well done top, there is a metal reflector screwed into the top of the dome, the screws are very short, if you replace them with longer screws the reflector would dangle lower to the top of the pizza and kind of sandwich in more heat I believe. 

Offline stl-rich

• I Love Pizza!

Offline ipatricktrevino

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2014, 08:44:08 PM »
Today I tested out using only 1 stone instead of 2 and results were pretty bad.  I did this more or less just to see what would happen and how FAST I could cook a pizza.  Even though I turned the pizza a couple times, the bottom was very uneven.  You'll see the lightest and darkest piece from the same small thin pizza below.  Built in thermometer was at about 850.  Cook time was less than 4 minutes.

I'm going to stick with using both stones, having to constantly turn the pizza to keep it cooked evenly doesn't justify the slightly shorter cook time for me. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:46:18 PM by ipatricktrevino »

Online David Esq.

• Making pizza since 2013
    • Eating With David
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »
$240 at sur la table next 3 days. At least at ridge hill by me.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »
That Sur-la-Table sale got me curious. Cabelas.com has their Pizzaque Pizza Oven on sale for $149.99. Their normal price is $249.99. The Pizzaque is the same product as the Pizzeria Pronto as far as I can tell. I may have to quit procrastinating and strike on this.
Davydd

Offline dsissitka

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
The Pizzaque is the same product as the Pizzeria Pronto as far as I can tell.

What is the difference between the Pizzeria Pronto & the Pizzaque?

Hi Rich,

The Pizzeria Pronto is the deluxe pizza oven while the PizzaQue is the basic model. The Pizzeria Pronto has a heat containing visor and stainless steel reflection plate, resulting in a 20% decrease in cooking time. The Pizzeria Pronto rain cap (included) also holds a 1 lb. propane tank when inverted.

What's your use case?

Unless you need a portable oven and a Blackstone isn't an option I haven't seen anything to suggest that either Pizzacraft oven is worth $150.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
You can't easily carry a Blackstone in a Class B camper van RV.  ;D

The Pizzacraft site sells the Pizzeria Pronto for $299 and the Pizzaque for $279. So they have a $20 difference. Also, it appears the Pizzaque on the Pizzacraft site is different than the Cabelas Pizzaque. In previous research there was no difference. There could be going forward and it seems Cabelas is liquidating its old inventory with $100 off its old price and $50 off its previous sale price last summer of $199. I'll find out but I suspect new inventory will be different.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:06:40 PM by Davydd »
Davydd

Offline GrandpaJohnsPizza

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 09:51:57 PM »

What's your use case?

Unless you need a portable oven and a Blackstone isn't an option I haven't seen anything to suggest that either Pizzacraft oven is worth $150.

Although I may get a Blackstone one day, I bought a PizzaQue because of the portability. I want to be able to take it to work to cook pizzas for co-workers and to homes of friends and family.

I purchased a PizzaQue for $179.99 at Home Depot (199.99 – Veterans 10% discount) and then used free gift cards received on Black Friday to get the price below $100.

I did not feel it was heating properly. It might have been my fault because there is a specific sequence to fire the oven that I may not have been following.

I called Customer Service and they replaced it with a Pizzeria Pronto. Following lighting instructions this time around, the Pizzeria Pronto heats faster that the PizzaQue. Again, it may have been operator error.

The stone heats to over 600 (infrared thermometer) in about 20 minutes without any mods. On the last cook the thermometer needle hit the 900 mark but I don’t know if it was accurate or not. Bake time is about 5 minutes, which I think is consistent with a 600-650 stone temperature.

Since the heat is directly from the bottom and there is an air gap around the stone, there is heat leakage around the front area and on top of the stone through the perforated heat shield. Adding a stone or steel on top and/or sealing the air gaps around the front of the stone may/should make it more efficient.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:24:50 PM by GrandpaJohnsPizza »

Offline Davydd

« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2014, 12:10:57 PM »
Today I received my Pizzaque oven ordered from Cabelas on December 23 on sale for $149.99. My suspicions were correct. The Pizzaque Cabelas was selling was identical to the much more expensive Pizzeria Pronto. The Pizzacraft website is now deliberately trying to differentiate the Pizzeria Pronto from the Pizzaque by cheapening the Pizzaque. However the Pizzaque I just received has the stainless steel reflector plate in the lid and the rain cover. The only thing different is the name plate. I looked at a Pizzeria Pronto at Williams Sonoma and it is not different. Now the bad news. Cabelas' price is now back up to $249.99. I'm glad I trusted my instincts on this one. Here is a photo of the box it came in, the stainless steel reflector plate in the top and the assembled Pizzaque.
Davydd

Offline tedcholl

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 10:39:39 AM »
I have the Pizzeria Pronto that i bought up from Sur La Table.  I concur with you, it looks identical to mine.  Congratulations on getting it for such a great price.   I have enjoyed using mine and have been able to make some really good pizzas. with it.  Enjoy!!

Offline Davydd

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2014, 01:07:09 PM »
This is what they are selling on Pizzacraft.com that they now call a Pizzaque. It seems they have decided to actually differentiate the two names with this new design that no longer has the turned up vent with a rain cover and doesn't have the stainless steel deflector. The temperature gauge now just probes down through the vent. Probably with new shipments places like Cabelas might be selling these at a price point greater than $20 difference from places like Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table. Don't you just love marketing jacking around?  ;D
Davydd

Offline Sous-chef

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »
Canadian Tire have the "Good" PizzaQue on sale for 199,99 $ (canadian $), The regular price is 299,99 $.  I bought mine this morning.  ;D The model is # PC6003.  The pizzacraft peel is also on sale.

model #:
PC6000 = Pronto
PC6500 = Cheaper PizzaQue with the red knob. Without visor, stainless steel reflection plate and rain cap.
PC6003 = PizzaQue with the black knob.  It seems identical to the pronto. Visor, reflection plate and rain cap are included.
PC6001 = Seems identical to the PC6003.  Discontinued at homedepot.com

PC6001, PC6003, PC6006 and PC6007 share the same owner manual on the american homedepot website:
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/d7/d7973cc2-14c0-410e-b54a-cc3ab0b91903.pdf

Offline TheRailroadBulls

• Ahhhhh... Fatboy Style!!
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »
Got this for a gift last month and have used it three times so far.  Very, very good product.  Recommend without hesitation to anyone who wants a low cost option that is substantially superior to every pizza I've made in my oven using every imaginable technique.

Do you happen to have any pictures?
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." - Henry Ford

Offline 3pedals

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
Used mine for th first time today.. Temp gauge read 700f heat gun read 450, wasn't overly impressed with the oven at all.

Offline Davydd

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2015, 08:45:33 PM »
It has been seven months since I got my PizzaQue Oven which is identical (before they changed it) to the Pizzeria Pronto Oven. I spent most of the spring until June 1 on the road in our new RV. I didn't take the oven along. Then all of June we were getting our house re-sided and painted. Finally I got a chance to to try my new oven I bought last December. I baked four pies. One was too thin in the crust and my aluminum peel ruptured it when I was trying to shift it around. That's the cheese skid marks on the peel. The back side bakes faster than the front so you do have to develop some turning skills with the peel since the stone does not rotate like a Blackstone. Even though it is a 16" stone I think personal pizzas less than 12" is the way to go with this oven. You won't get Neapolitan heat so the pizzas take about 5 minutes. That's better than my 550 degree home electric oven that takes 9-10 minutes. I was a little rusty with my pizza making.

Davydd

Offline 3pedals

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2015, 03:54:15 PM »
I have this oven as well, I personally don't like it..

Offline Davydd

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »
This is my second outing with my PizzaQue oven. I prepped a sausage and pepperoni pizza with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, diced onion, and black olives. I prepared 220 gram dough and stretched it to about 11" diameter. This time I used a 12" diameter parchment paper disc to put the dough on, prep and deliver to the PizzaQue on a 12" wide aluminum peel. After about a minute I was able to pull the parchment out with with metal tongs. Total bake time was 6 minutes with the setting between medium and high. With a smaller 9" wide peel I would progressively turn the pie since the back of the oven was hotter than the front. I should note, in prep for travel, I bought an adapter to use with a disposable 1 lb, propane bottle. It worked. Here are the results.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:30:18 PM by Davydd »
Davydd