Author Topic: best inexpensive non-homemade backyard oven?  (Read 795 times)

Offline canadave

• Supporting Member
best inexpensive non-homemade backyard oven?
« on: October 15, 2015, 09:00:17 PM »
Hi all,  I'm moving from my east coast condo to a house with a backyard.  Finally have a chance to fulfill my dream of having a backyard wood-fired oven :)  I don't have the expertise or patience to build one on my own (unless it were very, very, very simple).  Can anyone recommend a good relatively inexpensive (i.e. under $1,500) wood-fired backyard oven that I could buy?

Offline old_alex

• I Love Pizza!
Re: best inexpensive non-homemade backyard oven?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 06:22:46 PM »
Sub $1500 your best bet it the Pizza party (look on the forum) you can see plenty of posts.
I don't have one but many members do, it is portable (~120lbs) but it is a 2 man lift.

Also if you want quick and easy, many go with gas and buy a Blackstone Pizza oven (I have one it works great it also has a large forum following) the heat up cool down is faster it turns the pizza for you and can be bought for about $320 with a coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond. It also rolls into the shed when not in use.

Offline misterschu

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 11:37:16 AM »
I'd also go with a Blackstone oven. You simply can't beat the price point. I've only used it stock set up, but the results using a "chauflector" look even better. The only limitation is that it can only cook one pizza at a time, but as a one man operation it might take a little while to work up to more than one at a time on your own... especially if you're aiming for 90 second cook times.

Offline Jlt341

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 02:48:49 PM »
I don't see that you can order the blackstone from bed bath and beyond, any help

Offline Stevezilla

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza Hates Me!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 06:13:44 PM »
You are right' it says it is out of stock online on their website. Amazon has it at $359 currently. If you aren't in a hurry you could use a service like camelcamelcamel.com to quickly be notified of any price changes on the unit at amazon.