Author Topic: Off to a bad start with Blackstone?  (Read 267 times)

Offline Marty Runik

• I Love Pizza!
Off to a bad start with Blackstone?
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »
I just assembled my blackstone and the burner will not light. No propane smell, but plenty of spark from the lighter. I assume I have a bad regulator. I called customer support and the voice recording simply said "Hey this is John leave me a message" .... no "you have reached blackstone customer service" etc. I tried calling a few days ago to ask a question and could not get a live person to talk to.

So far I'm not impressed with the company, but hopefully things will improve. Is this typical with some of you who have had tried contacting them?

Sorry for the duplicate post!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:33:39 PM by Marty Runik »

Offline barryvabeach

Re: Off to a bad start with Blackstone?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:27 PM »
Marty,  it could be a bad regulator, though I have not heard of one completely shut down.  You might want to try again - turn off the propane tank, and the BS.  then very slowly open the shut off on the propane tank a half turn, wait a second or do, and open another half turn, wait another second, then open up all the way ,  then turn on the BS and see if you get the hissing sound of propane.   Most tanks have an auto shutoff that can kick in if it is opened too quickly.

Offline Marty Runik

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:00:29 PM »
Thanks Barry, that did the trick. Either that, or the light taps I gave it with a plastic screwdriver handle.

Offline halfprice

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 12:36:14 AM »
I know your problem is solved but I'll add this.   When I got mine it wouldn't get gas either or I should say very little. The flame was on but very low.  I then checked the red knob on the regulator and found it was closed.  Opened the valve and it was fixed.

Have fun with your new oven.

Jerry

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:42:03 AM »
I just assembled my blackstone and the burner will not light. No propane smell, but plenty of spark from the lighter. I assume I have a bad regulator. I called customer support and the voice recording simply said "Hey this is John leave me a message" .... no "you have reached blackstone customer service" etc. I tried calling a few days ago to ask a question and could not get a live person to talk to.

So far I'm not impressed with the company, but hopefully things will improve. Is this typical with some of you who have had tried contacting them?

Sorry for the duplicate post!
Use the search function here first for any problems before crying about BS.   :)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"