My first two pies came out pretty good, but there is room for improvement.
The first one was 4.5 minutes with a stone temp of 650°F in the center of the stone. I turned it twice during the bake, but I waited too long for the first turn. The edges on the back side where all the heat comes up got pretty badly burnt. I had left the gas on at the same setting that I used to heat up the oven. I think my results show it should be backed off a bit during the bake.
In an attempt to avoid excessive charring, I started the second pie with a stone temp of 610°F. I also backed off the gas to half throttle right after I loaded the pie. The bake took 5.5 minutes. The edges look much better, but if you look carefully, you can see a blob of totally raw sausage right in the middle of the pie. All of the sausage blobs near the perimeter of the pie cooked fully, but the ones nearest the center did not.
Clearly I need some air flow mods to direct more hot air and heat down onto the center of the pie. Ultimately, I'd like to get my bake times down to sub 3 minutes without burning, but I'll be happy if I can get the time down to around 4.