Okay...some thoughts/observations on the first test run and bake using the new lid.
First, I think I need to lower the top stone by an inch or so, to increase air flow a bit more. It did touch the sides a little so it took somewhat longer for the top to heat up all the way through. The top stone, however, got to a temp of roughly 750į in about twenty mins. The fiber blanket walls also heated up extremely well. The great thing was, though, that the outside of the lid was cool to the touch the entire time. The air flow out of the side vent was scorching hot, though. I couldn't leave my hand in front of it for more than a couple of seconds.
The bottom stone didn't get as hot as the rest of the LBE and maintained a nice temp between 680į and 700į. It didn't burn the bottom of the pizzas at all, but gave it a slight charring and crispness.
The first couple of pizzas took about three minutes to bake. I used a fairly high hydration, at least for me, of 64%. The crust was exceptionally crispy but didn't char as much as usual, which I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. The top of the pizza cooked evenly and very well. As a matter of fact, I had to pull the pies out before the crust had any chance to develop some charring to prevent the topping from burning.
Here are some pics. I would have taken some pics of the temp on my IR gun also, but my cam was already low on batteries so I just took two quick pics of the pies. I'll get fresh batteries and will give it another shot tonight.
Overall, I'm very pleased with the first test run and its outcome and with a little adjustment, I'm sure it will all work out fine.