Author Topic: Heavy Deep Dish Tin Steel Pans  (Read 2790 times)

Offline MWTC

Heavy Deep Dish Tin Steel Pans
« on: September 01, 2007, 04:06:47 AM »
Peter,

Do you know of a spot that sells Tin Steel Pizza Pans.

I'm looking for Heavy Deep Dish Tin Steel Pans that we season ourselves.

I don't see them at PizzaTools.com

MWTC  :chef:

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Heavy Deep Dish Tin Steel Pans
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 08:40:54 AM »
MWTC,

I am going to share a couple of my best tips with you. Whenever I am looking for a particular pizza item, the first place I usually go is to the American Metalcraft website. I go there because AM makes a very wide and diversified range of pizza-related products of above average quality. If I find the item I am looking for at the AM website, I then do a Google search to see who sells it, and at what price.

In this case, if you go to http://www.amnow.com/Pizza-Supplies (which you may want to bookmark for future reference), you will see that AM makes several deep-dish pans that are made of steel plated with tin (22 ga.). Look under the 900 Series Pans (tapered), the 4000 and 8000 Series (straight sided) Pans, and the 8000 Series Cake Pans.

In this case, once I saw that AM makes a tin plated stainless steel deep-dish pan, I did a Google search, which turned up instawares.com as a seller of that product. As an example, see http://www.instawares.com/pizza-pan-tapered-nesting.amm-t901215.0.7.htm. If you have found the exact item you were looking for at AM, youi can zero in on that product by using the Instawares search feature. I know that many members do not like Instawares because of service-related problems in the past, which have been well chronicled on the forum, but I like to go to Instawares to look for pizza-related products because they carry a broader and more diversified line of such products than most places I am aware of. If they donít have the product I am looking for, that usually tells me that I am likely to have a hard time finding the product somewhere else. If they have the product but I donít like Instawares, I can expand my search for alternative vendors by using the product/model numbers and other keywords taken from the Instawares website.

I have found that the AM/Instawares combo is likely to be the shortest and straightest line between two points when looking for pizza-related items. If that combo doesnít work, then you will usually find yourself looking for a specialty source for the product in question. If you can stomach Instawares, you will usually discover that they offer some of the best prices in the trade. When they have screwed up in my case, I have usually ended up with a free replacement item (itís cheaper for them to let me keep an item than to return it).

Peter
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:06:09 AM by Pete-zza »

Offline MWTC

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 06:24:03 PM »
Thank-you Peter.

You're awesome. I am always impressed with your willingness to give and give. I hope all the good that you do is returned to you multiplied beyond measure. The quality of this Forum would go down tremendously without your constant input. We all appreciate and respect you. Thanks again.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 09:00:05 AM »
MWTC,

Thank you for the kind words, even though largely undeserved. So long as members support the forum and feed it with their new ideas and experiences, much as Villa Roma has selflessly and generously done in recent times, the forum will survive and remain vital to its members. And the more broad based the participation, the more valuable the forum will be since ideas will expand exponentially. Unfortunately we lose a lot of members--many of whom progressed from ďnewbiesĒ to become very proficient and respected and knowledgeable pizza makers--before they had a chance to give something of lasting value back to the forum. I wish more of them stayed and put their mark on the forum.

Peter

Offline MWTC

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 07:13:58 PM »
Not at all Undeserved.

I've read a ton of your posts, I'm sure alot of people don't realize what effort and concentration it takes to participate the way you do. The owner of this Forum should buy you a state of the art oven of your choice (from Marco) as well as anything else you want. How about a Spiral hook KA Mixer if the oven idea it to much.  ;D

pizzapan