Author Topic: Topping Amounts?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline PizzaGuy37

• I'm a llama!
Topping Amounts?
« on: October 25, 2004, 04:18:32 PM »
Hey guys,

Ok, where would I find the topping amounts that each pizza should get? I read on one of these boards that someone posted it, but I can not find it.

Thanks as always!

;D

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
Re:Topping Amounts?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 04:57:35 AM »
You should really learn to experiment with the toppings if you're going to open your own pizzeria.  If you've been in the restaurant business for a few years, you should already have a very good idea what you want.

First thing's first:  figure out the cost of all the ingredients you're going to use and balance that by what you plan to charge for your pizzas.  On this site, most of the posters are making pizza at home for the sheer love of it.  You need to make money.

I know that I'm coming off like a jerk, but I see from your previous posts that you're starting your own place.  That's cool.  I'm happy for you.  However, I'm saddened by the fact that you're trying to get a lot of your information online.  Yes, I know that there's a WEALTH of information in this website alone.  However, on your own, you probably wouldn't be able to process all of that information without some first-hand experience.   After all, I can describe to you HOW to make a pizza, but you wouldn't be able to make it on your own unless you know a lot more than you're letting on.   A lot of the stuff you need should be taught to you by people who already do this for a living.  I don't want you to throw your investment away.  

Hire a couple of good pizzamen for your new store.  If you need to, overpay them at first - think of it as an extra start-up cost.  Learn from them.  They will be able to teach you just about everything you want or need to know (from technique to recipes).  Eventually, it should come to a point where you don't need them anymore and you can teach others on your own - your insurance just in case your teachers leave or in case you want to get rid of them because you can't afford the extra payroll anymore.  The learning experience will serve you well in your endeavor.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 05:31:19 AM by RoadPizza »

pizzapan