Author Topic: Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza  (Read 10400 times)

Offline KY Kernal

Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:53:51 PM »
Has anyone recently attempted a grilled chicken, bacon, Ranch pizza?  A couple of years ago, I came across a store-bought variety -- may have been Frischetta.  We've been doing them at home lately and they're really good.  For the dough, I either use a homemade emergency dough, or due to time-constraints I've used a mix (Martha White).   Sorry, but for a quickie dough, they're very handy! :-[ For the toppings, I use leftover grilled chicken breasts which are then cut into chunks,  heated and lightly re-browned with olive oil and a little garlic powder and onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.  Then crumbled bits of bacon at the last to heat up a little as well (really pulls the flavors together) and then I use fresh homemade ranch dressing as the sauce with low-moisture mozzarella or a mix of mozzarella and Gorgonzola.  It really jumps off the palate.   I'll attempt to upload a pic soon.  Newbie here... Thanks again to all who are responsible for this forum.  Great Bunch of folks! :pizza:
The World Wants Results Not Excuses!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Grilled Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 01:45:42 PM »
KY Kernal,

You might take a look at Reply 24 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6758.msg59762.html#msg59762. I have also made buffalo chicken pizzas that have grilled chicken, bacon and Ranch dressing, plus a few more things, as described at Reply 644 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,576.msg55299/topicseen.html#msg55299 and at the opening post at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,6515.msg55855.html#msg55855. Another interesting chicken-based pizza with California pizza origins (California Pizza Kitchens) is the one at Reply 13 at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,702.msg56174/topicseen.html#msg56174.

Peter
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:06:11 PM by Pete-zza »

Offline KY Kernal

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 02:48:36 PM »
Thanks Pete.  I checked those out.  Your Pizzas look most excellent.  I can't wait to try the Buffalo Chicken Pizza.  I promise I'm going to do a long fermentation this weekend, long after the oven recovers from its turkey workout.  I've never used anything but an emergency dough recipe, but I can't help but think the longer process will yield that depth of flavor that my emergency dough lacks.  Thanks again. :pizza:
The World Wants Results Not Excuses!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
KC Kernal,

The way we condition our taste buds and develop taste preferences, you may find that you actually prefer the emergency doughs over those with longer fermentation times. For example, my mother ate inexpensive supermarket house brands of ice creams for many, many years and much preferred those over the superpremium ice creams that came onto the market much later, like the Ben and Jerry's ice creams. I think that pizza lovers develop their tastes for pizzas from long-term conditioning, quite often from childhood. With pizza, there are no absolutes when it comes to taste. There are only preferences.

Peter

Offline Flagpull

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:46:52 PM »
Hi, we make a Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza at work...

Grill up some chicken breast, cut it into .5 - 1 inch strips.

Combine with ranch dressing into a bowl.

Scoop entire mess onto pizza, covering the base with ranch and pieces of chicken

Top with Mozzarella

Top with Bacon.

Done!

Offline prince5

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 12:03:02 AM »
hi Flagpull,..
awesome recipe[e,..
very nice,..
thanks,..

Offline PaperBoy

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 01:58:09 PM »
-PaperBoy

Offline Guts

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 03:45:44 PM »
write your post or reply click the browse button, open your picture and there it is. Here's your picture
Guts/AKA/Kim
"Vegetarian - old Indian word for bad fisherman"

Offline TXCraig1

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 10:34:01 PM »
Hi, we make a Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza at work...

Grill up some chicken breast, cut it into .5 - 1 inch strips.

Combine with ranch dressing into a bowl.

Scoop entire mess onto pizza, covering the base with ranch and pieces of chicken

Top with Mozzarella

Top with Bacon.

Done!

I bet this would be even better with dark meat chicken.

Craig
Pizza is not bread.