Author Topic: Stanislaus Vs. 6 in 1's  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Pizzacrazy7

• In Search Of...
Stanislaus Vs. 6 in 1's
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »
Mostly what I've researched on here is that there is alot of 6 in 1 fans.  I currently ordered these to try em out for my base, haven't received them yet.  I was wondering if I should also order some Stanislaus Full Red to try out.  This seems to also be very popular on the net.  Anyone that has tried both, I'd love to hear your opinion between the two.
"You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you." - John Wooden

Offline BTB

Re: Stanislaus Vs. 6 in 1's
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »
I haven't tried them, but the Stanislaus counterpart to 6 in 1 is 7/11 Ground Pear Tomatoes, although I'm sure Full Red would be good, too.  I've seen the 7/11 in the large cans available at Gordon Food Service and a number of Italian deli's and have been tempted to try it.  The big difference, of course, is the citric acid in the Stanislaus as opposed to none in the Escalon.  See the cross reference at http://www.pizzamaking.com/escalon_stanislaus.html

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Stanislaus Vs. 6 in 1's
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 12:13:03 AM »
Dont let the citric acid scare you.  in my opinion some stanislaus products have too much of it, but I don't really taste the citric acid in Tomato Magic or the 7/11 (both are 6 in 1 equivalents).  They are excellent products, and depending on the batch I actually sometimes prefer them over the Escalon 6 in 1.  Good luck!