Author Topic: Frank Giaquinto came to my pizza stand today  (Read 11828 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Frank Giaquinto came to my pizza stand today
« Reply #480 on: October 17, 2014, 06:40:33 PM »
Norma, you are becoming quite adventurous with the video media! The slowing of the dough toss/spin would be interesting.

I know that Frank or you mentioned in one of the early videos, the shininess of the dough as it is being opened. Am I correct in assuming that it is a result of the oil on the db during fermentation? I belief Frank liked that attribute.

Mark,

I am not that adventurous, but am willing to try something.  I will try to slow down Frank's dough toss/spin on the self-rising flour and yogurt dough.

You are correct that the shininess of the dough is the result of Frank oiling both sides of the dough ball.

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #481 on: October 17, 2014, 11:05:38 PM »
I did not reheat any of the leftover KA self-rising and yogurt slice of pizza, or the other two slices, but took two photos of the 3 slices in the box today.  I was not in the mood for pizza today.

I know Luis ate some leftover slices last night, but I was not awake when he ate them.  Tonight Luis ate the 3 leftover slices in the box.  The slices are top to bottom, the KA self-rising with yogurt slice, the frozen twice market dough slice and the frozen one time market dough slice.  Just looking at the photos of the slices they don't look a lot different to me.  The twice frozen slice looks like it browned better on the bottom crust.  The KA self-rising yogurt slice looks somewhat the same on the bottom of the crust as the one time frozen slice.  Luis said when he ate more of the KA-yogurt slices last evening they were very good.  He said the same thing tonight.  Luis only microwaved the slices last night and tonight.

All three pizzas were dressed with the same sauce and cheese.  It makes me kind of wonder why the twice frozen bottom crust browned better.

Norma

Offline waltertore

• Vendor
    • The Smiling With Hope Bakery
« Reply #482 on: October 18, 2014, 07:54:02 AM »

All three pizzas were dressed with the same sauce and cheese.  It makes me kind of wonder why the twice frozen bottom crust browned better.

Norma

Norma:  I never have frozen a dough ball and don't know if that somehow changes the makeup of the dough but here is my thought.  The more browned one most likely was in the oven a bit longer and or had more oil/less flour dusted on the bottom?  Walter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #483 on: October 18, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »
Norma:  I never have frozen a dough ball and don't know if that somehow changes the makeup of the dough but here is my thought.  The more browned one most likely was in the oven a bit longer and or had more oil/less flour dusted on the bottom?  Walter

Walter,

Thanks for your thoughts on why the twice frozen dough ball produced a more evenly browned bottom crust. 

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #484 on: Yesterday at 09:55:55 PM »
These are two videos that Walter's friend uploaded on to YouTube from Walter's Flip camera.  The video was 28 mintues in length and YouTube split it into 2 parts.

and

Walter's friend said he will send the links to Walter after he processes them.

The color and clearness of the videos are very good.  Thanks Walter and his friend!

Norma

Edit:  I mixed up how I posted the videos.  The second video show be the first one.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:03:25 PM by norma427 »