Author Topic: More flavour in dough  (Read 121951 times)

carl333 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
Re: More flavour in dough
« Reply #2150 on: Yesterday at 11:51:38 PM »
Norma, thanks for that. I'll start saving a few divided dough balls in the freezer, then, and I'll try a batches with them in there and try some 1-2-3 day old bakes.

Thanks again, and thanks for everything else you've shared.

Roy

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2151 on: Yesterday at 11:53:36 PM »
I had this question recently, so sorry for jumping in.

I found that Tom Lehman recommends no more than 15% by weight of your total mix.

http://thinktank.pmq.com/threads/resusing-yesterdays-dough.13650/
Thanks for the links.  8) 8)

Roy

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #2152 on: Today at 09:28:51 AM »
For the dough that I used for the Caputo Cup this is the formula and what was added.  Note the dough I added was first frozen and then defrosted.  Since the old dough was Detroit style I have no idea what the final hydration was. 

For my dough I used for the win.  It was for 5 dough balls:

Full Strength flour at 61% hydration
2%  Morton's Kosher Salt
0.16% IDY
1.75% of the oil I use at market
1% sugar

I also used almost 2 old Detroit style dough that were frozen and defrosted.  The weight I used for the old dough was 1.15 lb. 

The doughs then cold fermented for 3 days.  The one dough ball I used at the Caputo Cup hit the lid of the plastic container before it was used to make a pizza.

Norma
Norma,

If you have the two formulations, the one with the FS and the one for the old dough, and you know how much of each you used, I might be able to come up with the combined formulation. Then you can sell the final formulation and end up with a home such as shown below :-D.

Peter

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
« Reply #2153 on: Today at 09:52:42 AM »
Norma,

If you have the two formulations, the one with the FS and the one for the old dough, and you know how much of each you used, I might be able to come up with the combined formulation. Then you can sell the final formulation and end up with a home such as shown below :-D.

Peter

Peter,

What you posted really made me  :-D   I do know what I used for both formulations, but you don't have to go the bother of figuring out a final formulation.  I don't really think anyone would be interested in it anyway.  I really didn't like how that Caputo Cup pizza turned out.  I know I never will end up with an estate like your photo.  :o

Norma

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2154 on: Today at 10:03:31 AM »
Peter's photo of his Winter home lacks only a WFO.  :(