Author Topic: Why So Quick to Over Mixed/Kneaded  (Read 3115 times)

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
Re: Why So Quick to Over Mixed/Kneaded
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2015, 04:10:08 PM »
You've made such great progress Roy. Your pies are looking consistently delicious!
Bob

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2015, 11:10:11 PM »
Yep, they sure are.  8)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline Marauderer

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:56 AM »
That is a nice looking mixer Roy.  It sounds like iit is doing what you bought it for.  Congrats!! ;D ;)
Barry
Fledgling Pizza Maker

Offline rparker

• Pizza....good! No pizza.... Bad!!!!
« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26:14 AM »
Thanks everyone! You folks have been incredibly helpful. I can't thank you all enough. This has been a very enjoyable learning process. To think I would have missed out on so much of it if I had a more suitable mixer to begin with.

One thing is very intriguing to me still. I can go a batch by hand that looks like clumpy cottage cheese going into the fridge and I can do a batch that looks smooth and perfectly formed with the right softness like in all the videos. They could not be further apart. Yet three days pass and the opening, stretch, bake, bite, chew and crunch is all quite similar. I know one batch's gluten development is more mechanical and one is more bio-chemical, but it's still amazing it can start from almost opposite states and come out that close in two days. Pretty nifty. 
Maybe they should just make white T-shirts with pizza juice stains already on them.

pizzapan