Author Topic: Craig's NY Pizza  (Read 9804 times)

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• I Do It For The Guests.
Re: Craig's NY Pizza
« Reply #175 on: April 20, 2016, 07:33:45 PM »
I'll try your early formulas and try to make it thin.

Offline TXCraig1

• Supporting Member
    • Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #176 on: April 20, 2016, 10:31:36 PM »
Everytime I bake on steel the crust is always soft.

I guess it's the oven and just differences in the way people do things. I can't make a decent pie on a pizza stone.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Minolta Rokkor

• I Do It For The Guests.
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2016, 09:57:35 AM »
I guess it's the oven and just differences in the way people do things. I can't make a decent pie on a pizza stone.
Same here, my pies would be ok or decent, but nothing praise worthy. Now I use stone just for the the heck it sometimes.

Is it me or does a 3:30 sec pie, tastes fresher than a 7:30 sec pie?

That is what I noticed a few days ago. I had mango fire cheese and I could taste the fruitiness of the mango more in the shorter bake time.

Offline rparker

• Supporting Member
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2016, 11:59:22 AM »
I believe personal preferences and the goal to be a huge factor. We've worked long and hard to come up with our preferred pies.  We each start baking the moment we copied and pasted the formulation from the dough calculator. The bake surface just finishes the job already started. 

Actually, we started baking about three bites into the last pie, but that's another story.  :D

wordpress