Author Topic: Keste neapolitan pizzeria in NYC  (Read 11235 times)

Offline Matthew

Re: Keste neapolitan pizzeria in NYC
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
The place looks great, gotta give it a try when in NYC.

Great pictures of the oven found here...does anyone know who built it?

Also, on a side note...I've been trying to find the supplier for the olive oil can found in one of the Keste pictures in the Slice Serious post.  I have seen it in pictures many times but cannot find it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Got lucky & picked this up on ebay for $15 including shipping.

Offline DC8702

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »
I am officially jealous...what a great find!

Offline pazzonoah

« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2009, 11:49:27 PM »
Heard an NPR story this morning about a pizza making contest - hearing the name Roberto caught my attention so I listened to the rest of the story figuring it involved Keste. The link can be found by googling NPR, keste and pizza contest (I don't think I have priv's to post a URL here). Some good press for Keste, even though the dough recipes submitted would be scoffed at here...I wonder if Roberto had a hard time "allowing" those pies into his oven. I know I still shudder thinking about the time my wifes friend brought over tofu pepperoni...

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
Matthew,
Great Find! What topic were you searching under? what catagorey can I find one Oil Cans / Kitchen?   I got one  from frankie g and it leaks on the bottom Real PITA but they say it drip from the end ?? even if I do use it bottom wet so how can it be drip from the end?
Your Oven going great right ? I am doing 25 people today
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Matthew

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2009, 11:34:53 AM »
Matthew,
Great Find! What topic were you searching under? what catagorey can I find one Oil Cans / Kitchen?   I got one  from frankie g and it leaks on the bottom Real PITA but they say it drip from the end ?? even if I do use it bottom wet so how can it be drip from the end?
Your Oven going great right ? I am doing 25 people today
John

Hey John,
I got a little lucky on this find.  I was searching under "oil cruet" & didn't find any I liked.  I then searched under "oil can" & this baby popped up.  The oven is working fantastic!  I had a few people over yesterday & made some pretty awesome pizze.  The oven was super hot (960 floor & 1100 dome) so I had to move fast.  I made Antonino Esposito's Vesuvio pizza which was a huge hit along with his calzone's which were also out of this world.  Good luck today!

Matt

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 02:02:34 PM »
I don't agree with using this site as a self promotional tool,but the following has slipped under the radar and is such a beautifully written blog it needs to be read :

http://www.alifewortheating.com/nyc/keste/

http://www.alifewortheating.com/italy/a-pizza-tour-of-naples/

In fact read ALL of the Blog!These guys live to eat..

regards,
David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline Barry

• Pizza Passion Perserverance
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
Hi David,

Thank you for posting the 2 links - they were great !

I am pleased that Roberto is getting good press. He was a very gracious host when I visited him a few years ago at A Mano in New Jersey.

Also, the pizza trip to Naples, Italy was pure dejavu , especially the visit to Salvo out of town.

Thanks again.

Kind regards.

Barry in Cape Town

Offline DC8702

« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2009, 04:56:51 PM »
I have been looking for an Oliera like this since this thread.  I finally found someone (on Italian Ebay) who has 3 sizes, .25L, .5L & .75L & ships to the USA.  Prices seem reasonable too at $19, $45 & $54 dollars respectively.  We'll see what shipping comes in at...

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2009, 09:46:28 PM »
Pics and details mayba a link please dC. I dont favor the ones for %25 on american ebay Got the frankie G/forno bravo oil can but its leaking a bit
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2009, 09:59:42 PM »
keste' pizza is absolutely delicious ! we were there last Wednesday and ha two delicious pizzas. roberto sent us a appetizer that was made out of his dough and covered with figs and a salty creamy cheese mixture and topped with mozzarella . it was great , i wish i had that recipe. enclosed is a pic of my  pizza, i phone quality not great. the pie sure was!

Offline DC8702

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 10:15:19 PM by DC8702 »

Offline Matthew

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
I have been looking for an Oliera like this since this thread.  I finally found someone (on Italian Ebay) who has 3 sizes, .25L, .5L & .75L & ships to the USA.  Prices seem reasonable too at $19, $45 & $54 dollars respectively.  We'll see what shipping comes in at...

I'm looking to get a bigger one as the one that I have is .25L.  Shipping to Canada is $20 euros, which isn't bad.  I'm going to Florence & Rome in March & will look for one there.

Offline NJPizzaiolo

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 03:26:32 PM »
Been to Keste,very good pizza.I believe the oven is from a co. in Naples called sfallestimenti check it out.I am about to replace my oven and have one of these built.

pizzapan