Author Topic: Convection Oven  (Read 2502 times)

Offline pixiedust

Convection Oven
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:05:16 AM »
Hi! I have a convection oven and will be baking pizza in it. Right now I am just using the "normal" oven controls but would like to bake the pizza using the convection controls.     ???

Does anyone have recipes or hints on how to bake pizza using convection ovens?

Thank you!!
A kiss is a pleasant reminder that two heads are better than one.

parallei

Re: Convection Oven
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 02:38:52 PM »
I sometimes use the convection bake setting on my oven (Viking).  This leaves the bottom element on under the stone while the convection fan is running.  I still turn the pie around after 3 min or so.  It makes sense to shut off the convection mode before opening the door in an attempt to keep the heat in there...

Offline djones148

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 12:09:52 AM »
Convection works great to get you some extra browning and even a little char. I recommend preheating the oven 45 min on conventional with the stone on the bottom rack, and then switching to convection just before adding the pizza. Use the highest temp you have on both settings.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:52:07 AM »
The bake stone setting on my wolf runs the oven in the convection mode, and when you open the door it automatically shuts off the dual fans. I cook 90% of my pizza this way. The element is right under brick also,giving it a nice hot stone. see pics at http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,7911.msg67938.html#msg67938 If you use convection consider keeping pie lower racks as the cheese may cook too quickly. As mentioned "Watch the pie not the clock".
John
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:56:31 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com