Author Topic: Cracker in the WFO ??  (Read 2090 times)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Cracker in the WFO ??
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
Yep it worked!
I had leftover scraps from rolling out the 3 cracker style pizzas last weekend. I simply pressed the rolled our scraps into a ball and placed into the fridge rather than throw it out. Well that was Sat night on Tues. I found the bag and placed it into the freezed. When I decided to Fire the WFO this weekend I took the bag out Fri night put in fridge. Put it at room temp for close to 4 hrs. Well it rolled out great very easy and super thin. Originally I thought it would be enough for the 9 " cutter pan but I filled a 14" ! Oven was down to around 700 so I placed it in oven in pan for like 1.5 min prebake and it started to brown up right away top and bottom. so far so good. I topped it keep in mind this was an after thought so I was a touch low on cheese but worked out great and I plan to cut down on the cheese on this recipe from here on out another 35 sec in oven then finish for 30 sec on stone. I was cleaning up so it got just touch over cooked But Man was it good!! Looked like the Moon crust. The guests even after eating 6-8 slices of margherita devoured this pizza one guy went 2 fisted after 1 bite grabbed another slice to not miss out.  Little rude but a ton of compliments on that simple pizza. I will do this again under more serious circumstances.
I also did a thicker Sicilian type with the other NY style dough I also had leftover. ( love those leftovers and that too cam out superior to anything of that thickness indoors. For reference It was a 6 oz. ball and made a 8" pizza keeping this toward the front of the oven to not over cook the cheese. Bingo nailed it and gone again No leftovers this time :'(
So my little leftover experiment beyond the classic simple margherita shows the versatility of these great ovens.
of course there were NY style as part of the original menu Its gonna be a great summer ;D
heres the 3 styles
John
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:30:54 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
Re: Cracker in the WFO ??
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:26:29 PM »
sicilian , hard to see but that 1st one is over 1 1/2" thick!  and NY style wfo :P
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:28:12 PM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com