Author Topic: Labor day getaway in Northeast for pizza lovers?  (Read 783 times)

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
Labor day getaway in Northeast for pizza lovers?
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:14:47 PM »
Yeah we are late on making our reservations but any ideas? 

We have spent the past 2 years in Waitsfield, VT home of American Flatbread, MAd River Valley craft fair, hiking, biking, swimming holes, organic and all natural food everywhere.  Breakfast is typically in a B&B, organic pancakes made with local or organic butter and eggs, local maple syrup, organic/local bacon or sausage....you get the idea!!!  Lunch... organic bread, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, fresh french fries.  Dinner what else - American Flatbread and local beer!

Thinking of trying somewhere new but I guess we really love the option of having very natural, fresh foods available to us. 

My wife is thinking finger lakes region, watkins glen area...  ???
Patrick

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
Re: Labor day getaway in Northeast for pizza lovers?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »
Well with no good ideas, why question what we know we love?!

We spent the weekend up in VT, ate at American Flatbread and other local establishments, Easy Street Cafe, Mill Brook Inn, Red Hen Organic Bakery, The Warren Store. 

I've got some pics of the American Flatbread mobile oven and their multiple 100 yard long rows of cut and stacked wood! 

We also went to terrarossaristorante.com which also features a wood burning oven (couldn't remember if it's an earthstone or woodstone, but 100% wood) and the pizzas looked quite good, but I went for some pasta.  not bad, but wish I had tried the pizza!!!

Gotta say, we are strongly considering a move to Vermont where the local/organic food "movement" seems to be going strong.   "We were green before green was cool."

I would probably go for getting a job at American Flatbread and take it from there.  Waitsfield/Warren has 2 other pizza places in the area (not including other places which serve pizza).  One we tried, was not good, and another we did not get a chance to try.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:06:25 PM by pcampbell »
Patrick