Author Topic: PIZZA ON THE BIG GREEN EGG  (Read 5486 times)

Offline SmokinGuitarPlayer

• Owner of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com
    • Fred's Music & BBQ Supply
PIZZA ON THE BIG GREEN EGG
« on: November 28, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
November 28, 2009 starting at 11 AM we'll be demonstrating how to cook Vera Napoletana, New York style, and maybe even California style pizza on the Big Green Egg at our store. Fred's Music & BBQ Supply 214 W. Lancaster Ave., Shillington , Pa. 19607 www.fredsmusicandbbq.com   - We'll go until we run out of dough balls! We'll also be baking artisan bread on the Eggs - no charge come taste, watch , discuss etc.
Guitar player, dealer and collector. Owner and operator of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com. Seller of barbecue grills and smokers, specializing on the Big Green Egg ceramic grill and all related barbecue cooking supplies...and Wood Fired Ovens and pizza making supplies.

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: PIZZA ON THE BIG GREEN EGG
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 07:16:36 AM »
Fred,
I am going to try and make it up to your event today.  Sounds interesting!  :)
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Online norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: PIZZA ON THE BIG GREEN EGG
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 03:39:53 PM »
I went to Fred’s BBQ & Supply Store today to watch Fred and friends make pizza and bread on the Big Green Egg.  Fred makes a Neopolitan pie with Caputo tipo 00 flour at 65% hydration.  It was great watching him make the pizzas on the two Big Green Eggs he had set up.  He also had another Big Green Egg set up which he was baking bread on.  His dough looked so easy to handle.  Fred is Italian and very passionate about making pizza.  I had a great time watching him because I had wanted to see how pizza could be made on a Big Green Egg.  I never saw one before, except pictures here on this forum. Fred stocks loads of BBQ supplies and Rubs, and of course a lot of different sizes of Big Green Eggs.  I bought some thatsanice bacio siclian “kiss of garlic” spread.
I then stopped at Russo’s and got cannoli shells, filling, origano Di Cropani oregano, and some Caputo tipo 00 flour to try out with my regular flour.
Great pizza day and my hat’s off to Fred for the great job he did!
Norma
Always working and looking for new information!