I also thought the same thing as why my dough seemed to be fermenting more since temperatures are down. I will take the pH measurements of the poolish and some dough balls before I do the bake. I know they wonít be the same as the Ischia culture/dough, but they might be able to tell me something. I did take the pH of one dough ball before the bake yesterday, but canít find where I put that paper. I think it was about 5.66.
I also thought about the poolish being overripe. I had read before on the forum of using a poolish right before it fell. I never tried using a poolish at that point. That is about how both of the last weeks two poolishs looked. Usually when I pull the poolish out of the containers it looks like a great gluten mass with many strands in the poolish. The last two weeks the poolish didnít look like that. It had some strands in it, but looked more like a blob.
I didnít think to check my Hatco unit, but I will take the temperature of the inside with my IR gun. I watch the temperatures on the Hatco unit, but they might not be accurate. My cooling deli case still reads about the same temperature on both thermometers, but I will also try to check that temperature. I just thought it might be the humidity or maybe my flour that had developed humidity in it, but I will try to see what could be causing this. I did like the looks of these pizzas better, but sure donít want to have something wrong with the poolish and then not have good dough to use on a Tuesday. I think I might have been close to not having good dough. I had just defrosted the deli case the other week after it was so warm and froze up on me. It seemed fine now, but maybe the temperature isnít as low as it was before.
Thanks for letting me know what you think could have happened with these poolishs.