Author Topic: Pizzarium  (Read 120993 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Pizzarium
« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2011, 10:15:58 PM »
My bake didnít go as well this week as last week.  I donít know what happened with this attempt because the dough felt the same as last week.  I didnít have as much trouble with this dough in developing the gluten.  The dough felt very bubbly and it opened the same as last week.  As can be seen the crumb, after the bake, isnít as light and airy as my last attempt.  The crumb did taste good and was light.  This pie was first dressed with herb and garlic infused olive oil and tomato sauce, baked and then the other dressings of brussel sprouts, spinach, red peppers Feta, and mozzarella was added and the pie was put back into the oven.

It can be seen on the pictures how the dough looked and the crumb in the baked pie.  Other standholders, a customer and the one maintenance man did really like this pie.

Pictures below

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2011, 10:18:49 PM »
more pictures

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2011, 10:21:07 PM »
end of pictures

Norma

Offline doughboy55

« Reply #503 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:40 AM »
Norma still very solid pie, looks extremely good.
 What is everyone's thoughts on the hydration level's that Gabriele uses? I ask because what hydration levels do you think would be optimal for the current flour im using (KABF and KA organic high gluten), i know very little when it comes to flour but i would assume that i would need more water than he would be using because he's using 00 flour. Would i be correct in assuming this or should i just experiment and see what works in my kitchen?

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:17 AM »
 What is everyone's thoughts on the hydration level's that Gabriele uses? I ask because what hydration levels do you think would be optimal for the current flour im using (KABF and KA organic high gluten), i know very little when it comes to flour but i would assume that i would need more water than he would be using because he's using 00 flour. Would i be correct in assuming this or should i just experiment and see what works in my kitchen?

Bonci is most likely using a type O flour for the class, and the hydration is more about amateur pizza makers being able to handle the dough.

John

Offline doughboy55

« Reply #505 on: February 16, 2011, 07:07:50 AM »
Bonci is most likely using a type O flour for the class, and the hydration is more about amateur pizza makers being able to handle the dough.

John

Ahh makes sense.

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #506 on: February 16, 2011, 07:54:18 AM »

doughboy55,

Thanks, the pie was light and very good, but I still can't figure out what went wrong that I didn't get the same crumb structure as before.  If anyone has any ideas of what I might have done different to change what happened from my last bake, let me know.  The dough felt the same.  In the one picture it shows me lifting the dough up high to show the bubbles in the dough, so Steve could take a picture.  I don't know if me lifting this opened dough up a couple of times for Steve to take the picture messed up my dough or not.  Does anyone think that is what might have happened?

Norma

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #507 on: February 16, 2011, 07:56:14 AM »
EDIT:  I had put links here to other Facebook pages with different pictures of Bonci and others in pizza classes and other pictures, but will wait to post the links again if I can find another way of posting them.  Seems like if someone doesn't have a facebook page, they can't look at the pictures.

Norma
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 09:03:21 AM by norma427 »

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #508 on: February 16, 2011, 08:09:51 AM »
Norma,

I could not view the Facebook photos without joining/logging on. Is there another way to view the photos?

Peter

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #509 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:15 AM »
Norma,

I could not view the Facebook photos without joining/logging on. Is there another way to view the photos?

Peter

Peter,

I wonder if someone else that doesn't have a Facebook account, also has the same problems.  I will see if there is another way of finding all the pictures.  Someone that does have a facebook account, let me know if you can see the pictures..Thanks

Norma

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #510 on: February 16, 2011, 08:40:56 AM »
Norma - I think the crumb looks fantastic. I think with this type of pizza, placement in the pan causes variation in the final outcome even though the dough can be exactly the same formula and workflow. You can see this evidenced in the variations shown in pictures of Pizzarium pizza. Or maybe Bonci is as obsessed as us, and he is constantly trying different formulas!

John

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #511 on: February 16, 2011, 08:52:51 AM »
Norma - I think the crumb looks fantastic. I think with this type of pizza, placement in the pan causes variation in the final outcome even though the dough can be exactly the same formula and workflow. You can see this evidenced in the variations shown in pictures of Pizzarium pizza. Or maybe Bonci is as obsessed as us, and he is constantly trying different formulas!

John

John,

Thanks for your kind words about the crumb  It was very light and tasted about the same, but it still bothers me what I did wrong.  The attempt yesterday everything went the same.  The dough rose and was jelly-like, the dough spread out well and the bubbles remained in the dough in the pan.  I also could see all the variations of Bonciís crusts.  Do you have a facebook account or could you view the pictures?  I donít know how to access them without having a facebook account.  I think Bonci is more obsessed than us, but could understand if he uses different formulas.  I think if the dough is right and the workflow is right, this kind of pizza will work.  Those are just my opinions.  I do have the formula I used if anyone wants to see what I did on the Expanded Dough Calculation Tool.

Norma

Offline Cass

« Reply #512 on: February 16, 2011, 09:07:44 AM »
The second, third and last link are not available but the others work.

:)
If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid.
Epictetus

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #513 on: February 16, 2011, 09:15:18 AM »
The second, third and last link are not available but the others work.

:)

Cass,

I will try to work on why the links didn't work.  I had copied the links and put them in my browser first to see if they would work and they did, but I don't know what else to do.  If someone has some ideas and wants to look at all the pictures, let me know.  I am not a technical person when it comes to computers.  I could copy all the pictures to my computer and then resize them, but that would take too long.  :-D

Any ideas?

Norma

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #514 on: February 16, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
I punched in the information into the dough calculator and came out with this.

Bonci Recipe
Flour (100%):    448.41 g  |  15.82 oz | 0.99 lbs
Water (70%):    313.89 g  |  11.07 oz | 0.69 lbs
IDY (.7%):    3.14 g | 0.11 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.04 tsp | 0.35 tbsp
Salt (2%):    8.97 g | 0.32 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.61 tsp | 0.54 tbsp
Oil (4%):    17.94 g | 0.63 oz | 0.04 lbs | 3.99 tsp | 1.33 tbsp
Total (176.7%):   792.34 g | 27.95 oz | 1.75 lbs | TF = 0.15
For 1 Dough Ball Pan Size 15.75 11.825
Look about right?
Alright so when you regenerate the dough would you say 4 stretch and folds every 10 minutes 4 times?

So what type of flour is being used in this breakdown?

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #515 on: February 16, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
In the 3 you tube videos i guess he doesnt use a poolish and according to a link someone posted he uses a poolish in this recipe: http://www.pizza.it/content/2000-domande-voi-pizza-ti-amo

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #516 on: February 16, 2011, 12:40:37 PM »
Peter,

I wonder if someone else that doesn't have a Facebook account, also has the same problems.  I will see if there is another way of finding all the pictures.  Someone that does have a facebook account, let me know if you can see the pictures..Thanks

Norma

I think maybe you have to be his friend to see their pictures.  I have a Fbook account that I hardly use, I'll send him a friend request, and see what happens.
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #517 on: February 16, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »
In the 3 you tube videos i guess he doesnt use a poolish and according to a link someone posted he uses a poolish in this recipe: http://www.pizza.it/content/2000-domande-voi-pizza-ti-amo

forzaroma,

Thanks for finding the link.  :) That sounds like it was Gabriele Bonci before he opened Pizzarium.  This is what my Goggle translator says.  Does anyone know what that recipe would be in bakerís percents?

THEN ......
..... I'm looking for a good pizza dough in pan to the Roman, I open a pizzeria in cutting my passion, otherwise they are not a pizza chef, but I know perfectly the feeling of embracing the subject, so the dough ... etc. ... etc. ... magno me there all my money and who knows ... then
The representative of flour 5 seasons MAcontinua BSU to push products made of soy so ... while I would like to cut the more 'possible with wheat flour.
Show me a mix ....
heard where I came ...
Spiral Mixer

Poolish with
Water 1lt
3g malt
1g dry yeast
1.2 kg flour w 380 "5 seasons gold"
-------------------------------------
mix 2
50 g ice
I leave it and go down the dough schiogliere temperature about 17 ̊ ...
I put around the machine and add
100g flour 5 seasons gold
+ 400 5 seasons pizza soy
1 g of dry yeast dissolved in 20 grams of water
60 g salt
50 grams extra olive oil mill Sabino "laura bean"
----------------------------------
I leave in the car for 20 minutes and break it to rise with a lap and a half to three times being careful not to exceed 22 ̊
--------------------------------------
in the cell at 4 ̊ for 36 hours
---------------------------------------
is not the world championship, but good pizza.
I have left an oven eletrico of %$#, I think Hammer is in the home, I know well, what I need to keep the temperature of heaven and earth oven?
and if I have available the full range Agugiaro 5 seasons as flour and cuts can I do?
A mixture to be tested?
How does the flour manitopa one with w 400 on poolish? Someone is using it?
To a mixture lightens, belonging to limit the use of the flour with water, as it affects the rate of yeast?
What should I do with the dough dope having removed the baskets from the fridge? Sizes, anoint the piece pans let rise in pan, stretch out seasons and now the oven, or lie down, let rise, season and bake?
or lie down, let rise and bake seasons?

MY PIZZA PIZZARIUM It will be called, is in Rome, via Meloria AREA OF CYPRUS ....

PIZZZZAAAAAA TI AMO

The ferment is THE ENGINE SUPPLY ...

Norma
I think maybe you have to be his friend to see their pictures.  I have a Fbook account that I hardly use, I'll send him a friend request, and see what happens.

Jet_deck,

I think you might be right about being a friend to see the pictures.  I did send a friend request to Bonci Bo the other day and was surprised he accepted me as a friend yesterday.  Maybe he won't be my friend if he sees this thread.  :-[

Norma

Offline forzaroma

« Reply #518 on: February 16, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply Norma as i can read italian i understood it but my question is I found a breakdown of his method along with the 3 youtube videos that show how he stretches and folds. I was just wondering if a poolish was used or why it wasnt used n that particula recipe. Im talking about his recipe:

Bonci Recipe
Flour (100%):    448.41 g  |  15.82 oz | 0.99 lbs
Water (70%):    313.89 g  |  11.07 oz | 0.69 lbs
IDY (.7%):    3.14 g | 0.11 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.04 tsp | 0.35 tbsp
Salt (2%):    8.97 g | 0.32 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.61 tsp | 0.54 tbsp
Oil (4%):    17.94 g | 0.63 oz | 0.04 lbs | 3.99 tsp | 1.33 tbsp
Total (176.7%):   792.34 g | 27.95 oz | 1.75 lbs | TF = 0.15
Look about right?
Alright so when you regenerate the dough would you say 4 stretch and folds every 10 minutes 4 times?

Also can I use KABF is this?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #519 on: February 16, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply Norma as i can read italian i understood it but my question is I found a breakdown of his method along with the 3 youtube videos that show how he stretches and folds. I was just wondering if a poolish was used or why it wasnt used n that particula recipe. Im talking about his recipe:

Bonci Recipe
Flour (100%):    448.41 g  |  15.82 oz | 0.99 lbs
Water (70%):    313.89 g  |  11.07 oz | 0.69 lbs
IDY (.7%):    3.14 g | 0.11 oz | 0.01 lbs | 1.04 tsp | 0.35 tbsp
Salt (2%):    8.97 g | 0.32 oz | 0.02 lbs | 1.61 tsp | 0.54 tbsp
Oil (4%):    17.94 g | 0.63 oz | 0.04 lbs | 3.99 tsp | 1.33 tbsp
Total (176.7%):   792.34 g | 27.95 oz | 1.75 lbs | TF = 0.15
Look about right?

Also can I use KABF is this?

I am not that good at figuring if that formula would work or not.  My last few attempts have been higher hydration doughs, with a poolish.  So far I have tried different mixes of flour and yesterday just KASL.  As for trying KABF I would think it would be hard to form the gluten enough, even with 4 stretch and folds.  That is just based on my experience in trying this kind of pizza.  Other members might give you a different opinion.

This is the formula I used for my last attempt.  I used Cake Yeast along with the poolish.

Norma