Author Topic: Why is Grande cheese so hard, if not impossible to find/purchase?!?  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Zing

Re: Why is Grande cheese so hard, if not impossible to find/purchase?!?
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2014, 11:16:11 AM »
Can anybody confirm if Cascade and/or Pacific Cheese actually make their own cheese, or are just a slice-and-wrap shop like Sargento in Wisconsin?

Offline 2bergersandadog

« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2015, 09:44:43 PM »
Hi Gang

It's pretty easy to order Grande Cheese online at Vern's Cheese. The Solid blocks at http://www.vernscheese.com:10088/vernsShop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_61&limit=100 and the shredded at http://www.vernscheese.com:10088/vernsShop/index.php?route=product/category&path=59_79

Good Luck it is good stuff!

John
+1 for Verne's and Grande. Since PenMac stopped selling Grande mozzarella I haven't been able to find any other suppliers online for Grande other than Verne's.

Offline jtoner33

« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2015, 05:16:52 PM »
Coming in to this late, but your best bet is to try and find a good food service provider closest to you. I'm in Illinois and we have GFS's all over. They don't carry the type I like in stock (50/50) but they get it in 1 day.

Offline PizzaBrewer

• Supporting Member
  • Location: Relocating my brewpub/pizzeria within NE Pennsylvania...
  • Seasoned pro Brewer, intermediate pro Pizzamaker
If you happen to be in NE Pa or NY state, check out MaineSource mainesfood.net. They sell individual loaves of Grande, $2.79/lb last time I was there, and 5-lb bags of shredded for $3/lb.  They also sell individual cans of Stanislaus and Escalon tomatoes/sauces and lots of other goodies.
Man does not live by bread alone.  There's also tomato, cheese and pepperoni.

pizzapan