Author Topic: Tried the Giordano’s Stuffed Crust Tonight  (Read 7832 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Tried the Giordano’s Stuffed Crust Tonight
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »
I will scale it down then to fit my 10" pan.

Thanks Norma.

Randy

Randy

Your welcome, anytime. 

Here is another place I tried the Giordano’s style dough in a cutter pan.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,10412.msg91842.html#msg91842

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline DTJunkie

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 02:59:57 AM »
Great pizza, according to the previously linked video, your pizza looks very close to the one made by Giordanos restaurant. But the use of the pan seems to differ from location to location.

youtube.com/watch?v=NPWKOQPUFx8

at the 1:15 mark, the Giordanos worker uses a cast iron skillet instead. Even with that difference, Giordanos has been very consistent with their pizzas among different locations.

and would making the dough on the bottom thicker hold all those toppings better?

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 06:41:06 AM »

DTJunkie

When I made this deep-dish stuffed crust I used hard butter to grease the bottom pan, from this post Reply# 113  http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5674.msg69449.html#msg69449

I used the formula set-forth at Repy#116 http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5674.msg69607.html#msg69607

This dough was easy to roll out

If you use a different size pan, you can just use deep-dish calculator and enter you pan size for either two crusts or one if making a single crust. I used a sloping pan. I rolled out both skins to the same thickness. My deep-dish pans were dark pans, that were used, purchased on Ebay.

After rolling out the crust I brushed on oil when the skin while it was in the deep dish pan, before adding mozzarella, meat, sauce spread around, more meat, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella, top skin, brush top with oil, seal edges, put slices in top skin to let steam out, baked some, add sauce on top of crust and when the deep-dish is about finished baking add some parmesan.  I did put a top deep-dish pan on when first baking for about 4 minutes, took it off and continued baking another 4 minutes, flipped the pie out of the pan and finished baking on a screen.  I did cook all my meat before putting it into this deep-dish pizza.

I have never had a real stuffed deep-dish pie, and don’t know if I went about doing this right or not, but in my opinion, it came out well.  I did really enjoy this pie.

I hope this can be of some help to you if you want to try a pie like this.

Norma

Offline Mick.Chicago

• Squish.
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 01:38:18 PM »
Norma, please marry me.  :chef:

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 02:01:41 PM »
Norma, please marry me.  :chef:

Mick.Chicago,

LOL, that was the best one I heard yet.  If you need any other help in how I made this pie, just let me know.

Thanks,

Norma