Author Topic: What am I Doing Wrong?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline ChrisS68

What am I Doing Wrong?
« on: January 15, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
Ok, last week I attempted the Pizza Hut pan pizza.  It was ok, but way to dense and dry.  Last night I started a DKM thin crust.  This time I weighed my flour and water.  When I mixed the ingredients and (barely) formed a ball, I thought it seemed too dry.  I made the same recipe a while ago (or was it the other thin recipe) by volume measurements.  At that time I thought it was dry, but not this dry.  It came out ok in the end, so I figured it would be ok this time too.

Tonight, after 24 hours at room temperature, I attempted to roll out the dough.  It looked much like it had when I put it in the bowl and it had barely changed in consistency.  Unlike my last attempt (and other examples shown on this site), it was still quite hard and not pliable at all.  I'm no small guy, but I don't see how I'm going to be able to roll this dough out to 1/4", much less 1/16".  At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to scrap this one completely, which stinks as it was supposed to be dinner.  Right now I'm trying to warm it up some, but like I said, I'm not feeling very confident about it.  BTW, the dough now weighs about 22.4 ounces.