Author Topic: Pizza cutters  (Read 1854 times)

Offline pizzaoven dot com

Pizza cutters
« on: July 02, 2012, 09:23:22 PM »
I am looking for a new pizza cutter commercial or home grade. I want to know what everyone uses. I always find myself buying a new cutters at least twice a year. I normally buy them in the 10 to 20 dollar price range.
Christina Koller

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
Re: Pizza cutters
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Funny you should ask, I've been thinking my cutter needs a new blade for about 2 months now, and I know that if I were fortunate enough to find one it would probably cost as much as just buying a new cutter. My present one is a Kitchen Aid wheel cutter. I have others around but I don't know where
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:21:53 PM »
I've been using a $4 one from World Market for a year now. It has a 2" wheel and works really well on porcelain pizza plates.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline pizzaneer

• Pizza and zen more pizza
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 10:23:21 PM »
Off- the wall recomendation: use an Ulu (eskimo snow knife).  Until you master the technique, not quite as fast, but the thing lasts literally forever.  Easy to sharpen.
I'd rather eat one good meal a day than 3 squares of garbage.

parallei

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
Check out your local restaurant supply stores.  I buy whatever is in stock.  Whatever is in stock always has a sanitary handle, a SS blade, is dishwasher safe, and costs around $5 bucks.  The last a couple of years used at home.

Offline Don K

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 10:57:47 PM »
I bought this two-pack at Sam's Club for $4.88. The quality is fairly decent and you get a backup cutter too.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=180436
The member formerly known as Colonel_Klink

Offline pizzaoven dot com

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 07:49:16 AM »
Off- the wall recomendation: use an Ulu (eskimo snow knife).  Until you master the technique, not quite as fast, but the thing lasts literally forever.  Easy to sharpen.

I actually have one of these that I use for herbs and veggies. I never thought to use it on pizza it seems to small. I was looking at getting the pizza scissors with spatula built in. I wanted to purchase it and write a review for my site but did not want to waste my money if they didn't work. I will have to give my Ulu a try though. That thing is awesome... Save me from crying while dealing with onions b/c it works so fast.
Christina Koller

Offline dmcavanagh

• In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
Colonel_Klink

I just joined a Sam's Club, that's a bargain, thanks for the tip.
Rest In Peace - November 1, 2014

pizzapan