Author Topic: Kramer73's Weekly Pizza  (Read 735 times)

Offline kramer73

Kramer73's Weekly Pizza
« on: December 03, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
Now I've gone and done it.  Rather than fill the "post a pic" thread every week, I'm making my own thread.

I tried doing this from my phone, but something was not happy and it didn't work. 

This week's pizza is Brussels sprouts and roast turkey pizza with a white sauce.  The crust is Garvey's Pizza Factory recipe, which sat in the fridge for 2 days.

The toppings are brussels sprouts, turkey (from T-day) and monterey jack (all of which were a quesadilla filling earlier this week).

I made a white sauce, added some parm, and then a small amount of parm went on top.  Total bake time was approx. 12-14 minutes at 450.  My oven is old and needs replacing, and i'm sure it would take less time in a newer oven.

Pics coming up, thanks for looking!

Offline kramer73

Re: Kramer73's Weekly Pizza
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 10:39:10 PM »
I made two pizzas, as per the dough recipe.

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:58 PM »
Kramer....I'm really glad you decided to start your own thread. You have been posting up some mighty fine pizzas and giving good input....nice to have your info in one spot, thanks!  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 08:39:32 PM »
Kramer....I'm really glad you decided to start your own thread. You have been posting up some mighty fine pizzas and giving good input....nice to have your info in one spot, thanks!  :chef:

^^^
Bob

Offline kramer73

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 11:00:24 PM »
Thanks guys!

Tonight's pizzas use the Pizza Factory crust, homemade sauce, cheddar brats, and a Gouda/provolone mix.  The pizza was good, crust could havd had a little more crunch, but we enjoyed it.  The second pizza was the same, but I added some black olives. 

They were both baked at 450 for about 16 minutes.  My normal method is on parchment which is on a pan.  After about 8 minutes, I pull the pan out and it cooks on the paper.  Tonight I took both the pan and paper out halfway though, and that resulted in a nice crunch on the crust.

Offline CaptBob

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 11:02:01 PM »
Kramer's back!
Bob

Offline kramer73

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 11:10:19 PM »
Green pepper, black olive, and Tuscan salami.

The crust isn't from around these parts, I'll post about it later.  My girls got braces last week and I was looking for a soft crust pizza.  This one kinda worked, but I'm going to have to do more research. 

Offline kramer73

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 07:50:02 PM »
OK, I'm behind.  I have a few pics on my phone, so it may take a little bit to get caught up.    Just came off a couple days of pneumonia, which wasn't fun.  I think I made a pizza during that time, but I don't think I took any pics.

Anyway, this past weekend I tried my hand at some Korean tacos.  I made a marinade and slow cooked the pork, as well as made some coleslaw. 
Last night I made Garvey's Pizza Factory crust, and today I made a pizza with half of it.  This pizza has a light layer of BBQ sauce, next the pulled pork, and then close to 8 oz. of mild cheddar.  Sliced it up party-style, and then added coleslaw as a topping.  Pretty tasty!! 

pizzapan