Author Topic: I accidentally made the best pizza i have ever eaten, and it was gluten free!  (Read 242 times)

margaritaoven and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline GoodGuyHult

• I Love Pizza!
I just finished making(and eating) the best pizza i have ever eaten.
The dough i had made was not even supposed to be used for pizza, i had made it for so i could make some bread, but as i had way too much dough i did the logical thing, and used it to make pizza, and am i glad i did that!
The dough was a slow fermented dough (21 hours in a refrigerator), and was originally a non gluten free dough that i had made gluten free by substituting the wheat flour with two different gluten free flour mixes.
It was the first time that i have tried making a slow fermented dough, i am more than happy about how it turned out.

Recipe (gives ~4 12″ pizzas):

6 dl. cold water
10 g yeast, I used this kind
2 teaspoons salt
25 g virgin olive oil
550 g Finax red flour mix
~ 300 - 350 g Glutano mix it! universalmehl (other flour mix)
~ 2 tablespoons fiber husk (pulverized psyllium husks)

1. Mix water, yeast, salt, oil, make sure the yeast has dissolved propperly, then add the psyllium husk and mix it thoroughly with a whisk or fork.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix the finax flour and ~250 g glutano flour, then slowly add it to the rest of the ingredients, mix with a wooden spoon or equivalent.
3. Put some flour on your hands and start start kneading the dough in the bowl, add more flour if it is too sticky.
4. When the dough is less sticky, sprinkle some flour on your table, and continue kneading it on the table, for 5-10 minutes, adding more flour on the table when the dough gets sticky.
5. Divide the dough, and put it in airtight containers (I divided mine into two pieces). Put the containers in your refrigerator.
6. Let your dough rest for 12-72 hours (I had mine in the refrigerator for 21 hours)

Put your pizza stone in your oven and crank up the heat.
7. Take out your dough, and let it stand for some minutes, then take it out of the containers and put in on a flour sprinkled surface.
8. Knead the dough a bit, until it is not as cold any more, and easy to work with. Then form it into balls.
9. Slowly flatten the dough balls, while slowly stretching the dough with both hands, into a 12″ pizza, it is easy to tell if you are stretching it too fast/forcefully.
10. Brush the dough with olive oil.
11. When your oven and pizza stone has reached target temps (I baked mine at 250C/480f), put on your favorite sauce and topping and put the pizza in the oven, let it bake for 5-7 minutes, until the crust has a nice colour.
12. enjoy your delicious pizza  :drool:

Below are some pictures of the pizzas i made. They were topped with homemade tomato sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:23:42 PM by GoodGuyHult »
When in doubt, eat pizza.

Offline mkevenson

• Lifetime Member
  • Roos! Protector of Fowl
Wow! "Best you have ever eaten" How do you even remember all the pizza you have ever eaten? What an accomplishment! Hope you can duplicate, but remember the next one has to be BETTER or it can't be "the best"

Mark
"Gettin' better all the time" Beatles

Offline GoodGuyHult

• I Love Pizza!
Wow! "Best you have ever eaten" How do you even remember all the pizza you have ever eaten? What an accomplishment! Hope you can duplicate, but remember the next one has to be BETTER or it can't be "the best"

Haha, well it is atleast better than all of the pizzas that i can remember  ;D and i look forward to making my next batch, and seing if i can improve it.

Offline dogboy

• I Love Pizza!
Looks good!! Congrats.

Offline GoodGuyHult

• I Love Pizza!
Looks good!! Congrats.

Thanks, it was just as good, if not better, than it looked.

Offline dogboy

• I Love Pizza!
Now the fun of replicating it and improving. I'm sure many of us go through lots of dough around here. I average 5 lbs a week lol

Offline GoodGuyHult

• I Love Pizza!
5 lbs, damn, thats a lot of dough :D