Author Topic: My Day at BOVA Foods in Pa.  (Read 270 times)

Offline johnnytuinals

My Day at BOVA Foods in Pa.
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:18:47 PM »
I was out buying what I needed today at Bova food.
A case of Grande Cheese East Coast Blend (30 Lbs 6 5lbs bags of shredded} $77(3 months ago it was $82}
A case of Bova frozen dough balls 11oz $39 (3 months ago it was $37}
Case of frozen breaded veal cutlets $50
2 cases of La Regina Passate sauce $23,00 per case of 12 bottles(I highly recommend this sauce}

Overall Grande Cheese have gone down atads
But I feel prices always go up and down at distributors and yeaaaa cannot beat going to Bovas even though I give have of what I get too friends.............................JT
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:22:02 PM by johnnytuinals »

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always working and looking for new information!
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: My Day at BOVA Foods in Pa.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 05:44:44 AM »
 johnnytuinals,

Didn't Bova Foods have the Lamonica's frozen dough balls, or do you like the Bova frozen dough balls better.  Did you ever tried this brand of shredded cheese in the Bova retail store?  I tried it for the first time this past Tuesday and it melted and tasted good.

Norma

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 03:59:46 PM »
Lamonicas dough balls were $23-$27 last year and now they want $54 per case of 55 11oz dough balls.So I went with their brand instead.
As for the cheese I am sure its good since Bova makes it but I rather have Grande cause its the best............JT

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 07:42:43 PM »
Lamonicas dough balls were $23-$27 last year and now they want $54 per case of 55 11oz dough balls.So I went with their brand instead.
As for the cheese I am sure its good since Bova makes it but I rather have Grande cause its the best............JT

JT,

Thanks for telling us what price Lamonica's dough balls were last year and what they are this year.  I called Bova Foods this morning because I wanted to pick up some more Lamonica's dough balls tomorrow.  The lady I spoke with said they don't have any Lamonica's frozen dough balls in stock right now, but they will in a week or two.  The lady said that twenty-five 22 ounce dough balls would be 25.50 a case. 

Interesting that you think the Grande cheese is the best.

Norma

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:00:36 PM »
From what I tasted I feel Grande is the best that's why most places in NYC puts it on their pies(I have not tasted every cheese but I am sure there are a few that's up there also}
I don't get how a case of Lamonics is at twenty something dollars a case when 2 days ago a case of the 11oz was at $54.............JT

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 08:07:23 PM »
From what I tasted I feel Grande is the best that's why most places in NYC puts it on their pies(I have not tasted every cheese but I am sure there are a few that's up there also}
I don't get how a case of Lamonics is at twenty something dollars a case when 2 days ago a case of the 11oz was at $54.............JT

JT,

I like Grande cheese, but also like a lot of other cheeses for pizzas.  Maybe the fifty-five 11 ounce Lamonica's doughs are priced differently.  Your amount adds up to less than a dollar a dough ball and what I asked the price of adds up to a little more than a dollar a dough ball.

Norma

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 08:56:47 PM »
you are at 25 22oz dough balls for $25.50

Seems like a deal too me............JT

wordpress