Author Topic: Gourmet Pizza Express Infrared oven  (Read 3260 times)

Offline MuscleMike

Gourmet Pizza Express Infrared oven
« on: January 29, 2010, 01:45:38 PM »
Hello, Does anyone here own or have any experience with this Oven? I don't have enough posts under my belt to post the website, So I just wrote the name.

I've talked to the Sales Rep, And he told me all the good things about the oven, But I would like to hear about real life experience.

You can can control top and bottom infrared stones, He said temperature will go 800-1000  degrees The small unit is 13inch only can cook 12 inch pizza and you can plug that into any household outlet. The larger one is 19inch and will hold a 18inch pizza but it requires a 220 to operate.

Thanks for any feed back

Offline rockabilly

Re: Gourmet Pizza Express Infrared oven
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
I am interested in this also, They better be good for the price. I am opening a small pizza joint and have been looking for an oven and these ovens looks simple and fast while using 2 stones. The guy at Gourmet Pizza Express told me my local distributor is having an open house this week so maybe I can test one out.

Cheers-
Curtis

Offline rockabilly

Re: Gourmet Pizza Express Infrared oven
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 12:46:12 PM »
Mike, I just had my hands on demo with the 13" gourmet pizza express oven. I do have to correct one thing, it only has a stone on the bottom, the upper heat comes from the infrared, you can't see the heating element on top, it is covered by a thin piece of stainless. This is the 110v model and took about 30 min to pre heat and for both the stone and the upper element to reach 550 degrees. Then we placed in the pie which we used a par baked med thick crust suace, mushrooms, onions, and peporoni as well as a mixture of low moisture mozza and med cheddar. We slid it in and in literally 3.5 minutes the pie was done. The top cooked nicely and the crust brown and got just a little crispy. I have been impressed how the oven keeps the veggies moist and doesnt dry out mushrooms, I hate dry mushrooms. The speed of cooking is pretty amazing. I have decided I am going to pick up the larger 19" 220v version in a few weeks, I think this model will serve my needs very well.

Cheers-
Curtis