Hi all! I'm new to the message board, and wanted to share my observations.
First, these girls are adorable. I do think they are employees. When one of them is cutting the pizza she says "They don't trust me with the knives, remember?" I think they up and put this together, and look at the buzz they stirred on this board, so kudos to Sarah and her friends.
Going in order of the video:
- Not a lot of yeast for the amount of "dry ingredients" added. This suggests why there is little rise during cooking...something I always seem to have a problem with.
- A note on oil. First, if you look at the ingredients list of a Lou's sausage pizza its says Crust (flour, water, corn oil, yeast)...if you look at the ingredients of a cheese pizza it says Crust (flour, water, corn oil, olive oil, yeast)...hmmm. Why the discrepancy? (I saved both so I'm looking right at them as I'm typing this.)
- The oil container is most definitely 6 qts.
- I too thought that a 50 pound bag would be too much for one of these girls to lift. After looking more closely at the video, it is definitely a male employee doing the lifting. You see this employee in the far background later in the video when she is being shown how to flip the pizza out of the pan.
- Question...was the pan greased when the dough was put in? It seems that there was no oil in the pan, but perhaps shortening, or some other type of grease that is wiped in.
- The on screen message regarding the tomato sauce..."Only crushed tomatoes, nothing else." I don't think they added oregano to their pizza...oops. I thought is was cute that it never dawned on her to use the ladle to spread the tomato sauce.
- Lastly, did you notice the number of ovens in this kitchen? This was clearly a slow night, or before the restaurant opened, so why not make a video?