Author Topic: Want to show everyone my OTHER hobby  (Read 2588 times)

Offline addicted

Want to show everyone my OTHER hobby
« on: March 05, 2005, 06:51:58 PM »
Todays project with my custom modified Brinkkman Pit.
Well....okay,then.

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
Re: Want to show everyone my OTHER hobby
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 08:18:30 PM »
Another BBQ freak?  I"ll be damned.
The wife got me a smokey mountain 36" upright smoker for x-mas and I've been itching to get it conditioned and smoke some pork butt.  Living in Bflo. NY area, it might be a long wait before the weather breaks and I can bust the bad boy out.   :-\  My brother knows people who do the BBQ competition circuit so he will have plenty of tips to get me up and smoking some good stuff right from the get-go.
That's a mighty fine looking boat as well. ;)

Offline snowdy

• i pledge allegiance to the pizza
    • Dataheadz Design
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 04:27:12 AM »
ahhhh dude!! there has to be something to this... pizza freak + bbq freak!!??? good to know im not alone.. when the weather starts getting warmer its time to post the bbq pics. I would already have been posting bbq pics if California werent all of a sudden like Seattle this winter.. its been raining here non stop.

this summer its on!!!

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 08:45:36 AM »
You want to see my OTHER website?  ;)

http://www.pitcooking.com

It's not as refined as this site, but I plan to add a lot to it.  ;D
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline bortz

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 09:37:32 AM »
Hey Steve, that's a good start you have on the website. It looks like DKM is over there too.
Now I really am surprised you haven't heard of Bad Byron's butt rub.  It's supposed to be a rub used by some in competitions.
So what's a recipe for a good mop?

Offline addicted

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2005, 11:04:05 AM »
ahhhh dude!! there has to be something to this... pizza freak + bbq freak!!??? good to know im not alone.. when the weather starts getting warmer its time to post the bbq pics. I would already have been posting bbq pics if California werent all of a sudden like Seattle this winter.. its been raining here non stop.

this summer its on!!!

Up here in Oregon the weather is quite the opposite. 70 degrees in March? I htought I would never say this but it actually would be nice to have some rain.

Great BBQ site Steve! I will be joining!
Well....okay,then.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 12:16:20 PM »
Hey Steve, that's a good start you have on the website. It looks like DKM is over there too.
Now I really am surprised you haven't heard of Bad Byron's butt rub.  It's supposed to be a rub used by some in competitions.
So what's a recipe for a good mop?

Let's take this discussion to the "OTHER" website!  ;) ;D
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline scampi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 05:33:18 PM »
Oh no...as if I didn't spend enough time looking at posts on this link...now I go to the rib link and my mouth is watering like a St. Bernard eyeing a meaty bone. I'm going to have to go wireless so I can take my computer outside as I'm cooking.  ;D  You guys are awesome!!! By the way, a link I like is www.chowhound.com. People write in about favorite places to eat. When I travel to another city and want a specific food. I'll post on that city and within an hour I know where the best ribs or Chinese food or whatever I'm looking for is..best part..it's a free site!!

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 09:21:32 PM »
Go on over to www.pitcooking.com  Steve, Randy, myself and some others have a good start, be we need more input.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline PizMaster

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 07:25:13 AM »
That looks great as soon as the hot weather finally gets here i'll post some pics and recipes also

Offline Gils

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 02:21:41 PM »
Another BBQ freak?  I"ll be damned.
The wife got me a smokey mountain 36" upright smoker for x-mas and I've been itching to get it conditioned and smoke some pork butt.  Living in Bflo. NY area, it might be a long wait before the weather breaks and I can bust the bad boy out.   :-\  My brother knows people who do the BBQ competition circuit so he will have plenty of tips to get me up and smoking some good stuff right from the get-go.
That's a mighty fine looking boat as well. ;)

Bortz & Steve,

Looking for recipes and input? Here is a good site to go by. The forum is designed around the particular smoker, but the info is good for everyone. Might give you some more ideas for your own site & some really good recipes for Bortz.

http://forum.cookshackamerica.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

sorry I didnt post this on the pit site.

Offline LeeB

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 02:02:15 PM »
Go on over to www.pitcooking.com  Steve, Randy, myself and some others have a good start, be we need more input.

DKM

Holy Crap guys, I joined the other day.  Both sites are great.  I've been cooking on a log burning pit for years and now I have a place to go and learn what others are doing and I'm sure I can add my 2 cents on a few threads as well.

;D