Author Topic: Stuffed pizza cheese?  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Aldo

Stuffed pizza cheese?
« on: February 02, 2010, 01:04:09 AM »
Hi All,

I've been making stuffed pizza for a few decades, always with mozzarella and always low moisture.  Usually I use part skim, but I tried whole milk las time and wasn't impressed with the melt.  I am considering trying the Grande 50/50 (with the half part skim mozzarella and half provalone).  Has anyone got an idea of what you think the optimal cheese combination is (in your opinion) for stuffed pizza?  Your input and suggestions welcome.

Gracias, amigos.

A

Offline goosen1

• What can Brown do for you??
Re: Stuffed pizza cheese?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:37 AM »
I always used a low moisture mozzarella in mine. Sometimes I use a 50/50 of mozzarella and provolone slices. It melts perfect for me!! If you do use provolone, Don't use the smoked provolone. It leaves a funky flavor in the pie!!
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline Aldo

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 12:38:28 AM »
goosen1:

Thanks for the reply.  I've never tried the Grande 50/50 mozzarella/provolone, and they only sell in 30# boxes.  I am not a restaurant owner, and that's a lot of cheese -- and close to a hundred bucks a box!  So I was wanting to hear from people like you about its use in stuffed pies -- and thin as well (I make both, but I am most interested in how it melts and tastes in stuffed pizza, which is my main pie.)  So thanks again -- I am encouraged by your feedback!

Offline goosen1

• What can Brown do for you??
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 08:08:45 PM »
If I decide to make pizza, I go to Walmart or to a local market and get the cheese sliced for me. It's easier to do that than buy in bulk!!
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!