Author Topic: Seeking 12" Deep Dish Perforated Pans (Used)  (Read 1731 times)

Offline sommerscm

Seeking 12" Deep Dish Perforated Pans (Used)
« on: November 15, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
Hello,
Might anyone have a good resource for buying 100+ of the old pizza hut deep dish, perforated 12"x1.5" pans?

Seeking USED pans.  I realize that Lloyds sells them, but they are very expensive.

Hoping someone has a bunch of them sitting in a warehouse!  Have purchased a few on ebay in the past, but no one has any posted right now.

Thanks in advance!
Chris

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Seeking 12" Deep Dish Perforated Pans (Used)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:10:30 PM »
Chris,

My recollection is that Pizza Hut had their pans made for them exclusively, so they tend to be hard to find although, as you noted, from time to time they do show up on eBay. You might want to register and post your request at the PMQ Think Tank at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6 where professionals tend to gather. You can also do a search. As an example, see the PMQTT thread at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewtopic.php?p=47930#47930 for a couple of names in the Tom Lehmann post.

Peter

Offline sommerscm

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 12:52:18 PM »
Pete,
Really appreciate the info.  Checking out the sites now. 
Be well!
Chris

Offline Frankie G

• Lifetime Member
  • Wood-Fired ovens RULE!
    • Frankie G's Pizza Oven Project
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 10:25:01 PM »
I can order these pans for you... new and not from lloyds... (just email me)

or you can always try Ebay?  Craigslist?

Offline Reggiano

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:07:28 PM »
If you have a local Sams Club near where you live, you can purchase their used Pan's. My Sams, require a Small donation to their Charity, for each Pan. Although they will most likely not have the number of Pan's that you require.

Offline BTB

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 09:17:43 AM »
Perforated deep dish pans?  I hadn't had a Pizza Hut deep dish pizza in many years (as its not my cup of tea), but I didn't recall seeing a perforated pan when I did.  I thought they put a lot of oil on the bottom of their deep dish pan, but they would have a mess in their ovens and assembly station with the oil leaking out all over -- I would think -- if they were perforated.  My wife found a dark 12" perforated deep dish pan at a flea market and bought it for me. I've only used it once and then only put a thin amount of Crisco in it rather than OO.  From my experience, tho, I prefer nonperforated pans.                   
                                                                    --BTB                 ???

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:07:22 AM »
BTB,

As best I can tell, dripping oil from a perforated pan is not a problem when using a conveyor oven, as almost all of the majors (the big four) use these days. However, using such a pan in a home oven might pose problems as I discovered a while ago when I oiled a perforated PSTK disk to simulate the way that Costco's makes its pizzas (also in conveyor ovens). In my case, some of the oil dripped through the holes in the disk onto the lower electric heating element, setting off my smoke alarm.

Peter

Offline BTB

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »

In my case, some of the oil dripped through the holes in the disk onto the lower electric heating element, setting off my smoke alarm.

Oh, no.  I know that's NOT funny.  But I had a good chuckle picturing that! I recalled similar oven incidents where my smoke alarms went off all over the house.  "Holy Smoke!"    --BTB

Offline GNW

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »
Hello,
Might anyone have a good resource for buying 100+ of the old pizza hut deep dish, perforated 12"x1.5" pans?

Chris,
Not sure where you got your information from, but pizza hut does not, nor has ever used perforated pans for any pizza crust.

Their pan pizza was in deep pans, with a vegetable oil and then the dough put in there and proofed for a couple hours then refrigerated. It was basically fried in the oil.

btw We used to make dough fresh daily, just as I left, they were bringing in frozen dough. blech.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:12:19 PM by GNW »