Author Topic: Where can I get bromated Full Strength in Las Vegas  (Read 384 times)

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
Where can I get bromated Full Strength in Las Vegas
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:40:00 AM »
Hi all, I'll be in Las Vegas for a few days and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy GM Bromated Full Strength (or something close). I live in CA and trying to avoid the high shipping charges. Thanks in advance...

scott123

Re: Where can I get bromated Full Strength in Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
Norcoscia, I may be wrong about this, but, even though Nevada doesn't have California's draconian bromate labeling laws, bromated flour is still unavailable, as millers tend to use the Rockies as the line between unbromated/bromated availability.

It's sad, but, because of California's shortsightedness, it seems that about 1/3 of the country (geographically) has to suffer.

One thing that I've noticed is that, while most pizzeria workers will clam up when approached with formula/ingredient related questions, because of the paranoia surrounding bromate, many workers, when approached, will tell you if they're using bromated or unbromated flour.  It's a bit of a long shot, but I'd google 'las vegas pizza' and start calling pizzerias in the area and ask if they use bromated flour.  If you find one that does, then they probably won't divulge their distributor, but it will at least tell you that bromated flour can be acquired.

Like I said, I don't think you'll find anyone using it, but it's worth a shot to see if anyone does.

Offline norcoscia

• I really Love Pizza!
Re: Where can I get bromated Full Strength in Las Vegas
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 03:09:38 PM »
Wow, that is something, I had a 50 pound bag in my shopping cart about 3 time but I did not pull the trigger due to the shipping and fear I would get a 4 year old bag of flour. O-well, sometimes you just have to go with the flow, I'll take my chances on the mail order. Too bad I just can't buy PB and add it myself.

BTW, after a bit of a hassle I got into RD yesterday (with my KCBS card). I picked up ~12 lbs of WM LF Supremo Italiano Mozzarella and a big can of tomato magic, they had so many choices -- I wish I had done a bit more homework so I could have tried more stuff. The lady said she would only let me in once, something about the KCBS account being closed.

PS. Thanks for all the help - IOU a slice :-)