Author Topic: Molino Agugiaro - Naturkraft  (Read 1874 times)

foolishpoolish

Molino Agugiaro - Naturkraft
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:50:35 AM »
Molino Agugiaro (producers of 5 stagioni flour) are selling a product called 'Naturkraft'.

http://www.molinoagugiaro.it/english/naturkraft.htm

From what I can gather from their website, the product is derived from a natural yeast culture and is being sold as a supplement to regular baker's yeast (in other words not a leavening agent in its own right).
They've published guidelines for its application in pizza:

http://www.molinoagugiaro.it/english/naturkraft-pdf/pizza.pdf

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who's tried it. Would it be possible to create a continuous culture from this product or have measures been taken (either in additives or the culture itself) to ensure customers need to replenish their supply of naturkraft each time they make dough?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:54:03 AM by foolishpoolish »

Offline andreguidon

• Hot WFO always !!!
    • www.andreguidon.com
Re: Molino Agugiaro - Naturkraft
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:37:13 PM »
they where at FISPAL (food show) here in Sao Paulo, the bread tasted delicious, i had a ciabatta.... the problem is they sell in bulk, and its too much for me... like a 10Kg bag... for pro bakers...
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." Leonardo da Vinci

foolishpoolish

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 03:50:06 PM »
they where at FISPAL (food show) here in Sao Paulo, the bread tasted delicious, i had a ciabatta.... the problem is they sell in bulk, and its too much for me... like a 10Kg bag... for pro bakers...

Damn, 10kg is a lot of culture! but as you say - it's a pro product.  I thought it might just be a gimmick at first, but it sounds like it definitely can be used to make great bread etc.  Thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:57:35 PM by foolishpoolish »

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
there is an american company doing much the same thing.  cant remember what they are called though.

pizzapan