Author Topic: Restaurant Depot....  (Read 4875 times)

Offline Jackitup

Restaurant Depot....
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
If any of you have not been to the "Restaurant Depot" you have to figure a way in if there's one in your area. You need a state tax I.D. number to get a membership for your business or know someone who has one and get a membership thru them. The place is a land o plenty. The refrigerator section is as big as my back yard, full of produce, cheeses, cases of meat, salamis, prosciutto, seafood.......and the dry goods include, pizza and tomato sauces like Pastorelli's, Stanilaus, 6 & 1 tomatoes, all in #10 cans. Kyrol and All trumps for 15 bucks and change for 50# sacks, pizza tools and screens.......Suffice it to say, more stuff than I care to list or remember. It's a Sam's on steroids without all the other stuff like furniture and the like. Devoted exclusively to the restaurant and food business. Warning, you WILL drop a 300 dollar bill or so ;-) Anyway great store with all the stuff we love.
Jon
http://www.restaurantdepot.com/Misc/locations.aspx
Save A Cow, Eat A Vegan....Totally Organic And Hormone Free!!

Offline ninapizza23

• Hap pye faces from Venice
Re: Restaurant Depot....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »
Hi,
I have been going to the one in my area for years without a membership. Just ask for a day pass. Some of them will only allow you just once. I would never go to Sams club, Costco, BJ or any place else. By the way, they also own Jetro restaurant supply or Jetro cash & carry, here you need a membership.

Offline ThunderStik

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »
That figures, none in my area at all.  :'(
I KNOW MORE ABOUT PIZZA THAN ANYBODY!!!!!!!

(in my house)

Offline Ronzo

• Beer, freedom n' pizza...
    • New Texian Brewery
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:17:44 PM »
Went to the one in Houston, by the Heights. The lady behind the counter gave my fiance' and I a VERY rough time even just to have a look around. Wondering why they'd give us such a hard time if they want to ENCOURAGE people to come in and see how great they supposedly are.

After we were interrogated and waterboarded for 10 minutes by the gestapo behind the counter, we took a look around the place and I was NOT impressed with the pricing.

Sorry, not interested, especially since they gave us such flack for simply wanting to come in and look the place over.
Fuggheddabowdit!

~ Ron

Former NY'er living in Texas
http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com/ - http://pinterest.com/NewTexianBrew

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 03:36:06 PM »
Weird... here you can just walk in to look around. 
They do not have a lot of stuff I would personally want, but a select few items at a fair price.
Patrick

Offline skunker

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 07:26:07 PM »
I'm thinking of visiting one in San Antonio, but have a few questions:

I have a business license for my old job when I was self employed. I still pay taxes on it. Can I use this license as a way to get a membership card at RD?

Are all RDs the same in terms of food choices and stock? Can I find Grande cheese here?

Can I do a day pass AND buy something without signing up for a memberhsip?

Thanks!

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:43:55 PM »
Show em the license and sign up! They need the business registration only
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

pizzapan