Author Topic: 00 freaks, check this out...  (Read 2044 times)

Offline Mo

00 freaks, check this out...
« on: February 19, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
go to the wholesale products page then old world Italian artisan section (towards the bottom) and dig it...

http://www.ansonmills.com/index.htm

This guy is friggin cool.

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
Re: 00 freaks, check this out...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 11:18:55 AM »
go to the wholesale products page then old world Italian artisan section (towards the bottom) and dig it...

http://www.ansonmills.com/index.htm

This guy is friggin cool.

Nice find!!
Is this the Anson product would you consider a caputo tipo 00 equivalent? Farina di Maccheroni Fresca "00" - 6.95/pound
Just yesterday I found a wholesaler in my state that carries every imported item I have been chasing down for over 8-weeks now, I cannot get delivery of the products due to my location, but they do will-call, and a twice-monthly roadtrip won't kill me. So I have forged forward a little more in my venture.

I was quoted $29.50 per 55/LB bag at my source
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 11:23:13 AM by GotRocks »
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline Mo

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 11:38:37 AM »
Nice find!!
Is this the Anson product would you consider a caputo tipo 00 equivalent? Farina di Maccheroni Fresca "00" - 6.95/pound
Just yesterday I found a wholesaler in my state that carries every imported item I have been chasing down for over 8-weeks now, I cannot get delivery of the products due to my location, but they do will-call, and a twice-monthly roadtrip won't kill me. So I have forged forward a little more in my venture.

I was quoted $29.50 per 55/LB bag at my source

Everything he does is milled to order and is not shelf-stable, needs to be in a freezer. When I spoke to him he said nobody in Italy or the US (to his knowledge) is milling this 00 the way he does...I have ordered some and will report back. Obviously, it's not a viable option for a commercial operator without charging $30/pizza...

But still, I can't wait to try it...

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »
I am looking forward to the reviews. Again, Great find!!
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline Mo

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:08:09 AM »
So after speaking to Anson Mills, I found out the 00 flour I referenced is meant more for pasta and that they have started to blend a "pizzaiolo" flour which would be better for what I want to do. They said the 00 would still make good pizza but that they have been working on the pizzaiolo flour with some different blending. This flour is a new development for them and not yet on their website, for those interested in ordering...

Offline Mo

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 12:06:51 PM »
Just got delivered Farina di Pizzaiolo from Anson Mills in South Carolina. Hand-milled, to order, this stuff should be stellar. Will run a batch to be ready for beginning of next week...will report back results.

Here is a picture of the bag...(I removed the nice all-natural fiber twine holding the bag closed...)