Author Topic: How do I store my deep dish dough for restaurant  (Read 1256 times)

Offline neferreira

How do I store my deep dish dough for restaurant
« on: February 22, 2010, 07:13:51 PM »
Hello Everybody!

I used to work at Dominos a long time ago and I remember the deep dish pizzas came off the truck. I can't remember if it was in the pan already or just the thick doughs already frozen but I am wandering how would I go about preparing my deep dish dough for a restaurant. I remember getting a order for a deep dish was a painless task. We'd grab the deep dish pie and oil the pan, pop it in- top it and put it on the conveyor oven.

What are the steps to product this ready-made deep dish pie for ease of cooking later on? Ideally I'd prepare my pies the night before for the next days orders.

As of now I have done no storing of dough.

I mix and prepare my dough and place it in the pan to rise for an hour and then I cook it the same day. How can I prepare the dough, rise it in the pan and then "freeze/store" it to create those pies just like how Dominos came off the truck.

Let's say I had 10 Pizza Stores and I had to prepare all of the deep dish doughs and deliver them to all my stores, ready in the deep dish format.  How would you recommend this?

Thanks in advance

Offline arjjonath16

Re: How do I store my deep dish dough for restaurant
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:37:17 PM »
Hello Everybody!

I used to work at Dominos a long time ago and I remember the deep dish pizzas came off the truck. I can't remember if it was in the pan already or just the thick doughs already frozen but I am wandering how would I go about preparing my deep dish dough for a restaurant. I remember getting a order for a deep dish was a painless task. We'd grab the deep dish pie and oil the pan, pop it in- top it and put it on the conveyor oven.

What are the steps to product this ready-made deep dish pie for ease of cooking later on? Ideally I'd prepare my pies the night before for the next days orders.

As of now I have done no storing of dough.

I mix and prepare my dough and place it in the pan to rise for an hour and then I cook it the same day. How can I prepare the dough, rise it in the pan and then "freeze/store" it to create those pies just like how Dominos came off the truck.

Let's say I had 10 Pizza Stores and I had to prepare all of the deep dish doughs and deliver them to all my stores, ready in the deep dish format.  How would you recommend this?

Thanks in advance

I suggest if you will advertise or promote it by posting some pictures of your products or have a free taste to your customers. :chef: So that they will know your new Pizza product. ;) Good luck for your Pizza business nefereria, hope my suggestion can help you.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: How do I store my deep dish dough for restaurant
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:19 AM »
neferreira,

You might want to register and post your questions on this topic at the PMQ Think Tank website at http://thinktank.pmq.com/viewforum.php?f=6. I am sure that the questions you have raised have been answered at that forum before. For some of the dough preparation and management aspects for deep-dish doughs, you might also look at the deep-dish dough recipe at the PMQ Recipe Bank at http://www.pmq.com/Recipe-Bank/index.php/name/Deep-Dish-Pizza/record/57725/.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:20:47 PM by Pete-zza »