Author Topic: Where does everyone buy their Italian Lunch Meats?  (Read 1465 times)

Offline locoarts

Where does everyone buy their Italian Lunch Meats?
« on: February 23, 2010, 10:08:45 AM »
Ok I'm assuming probably most of the company names might be different or maybe not.. Sysco & others.

- What would everyone say is the best Name Brands (for the price) for Italian Lunch Meats?

- What Food Distributors sell most/all of the best lunch meats?

Suggestions! Thanks!
 :)

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
Re: Where does everyone buy their Italian Lunch Meats?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 02:31:26 PM »
Commercial or home use? I am guessing commercial due to you mentioning Sysco.

Different regions for Sysco carry different products, Their Sysco branded products are iffy at best, and then the use brand names like "Arrezzio" and other Italian sounding names for some of the Sysco products to mislead you.

Everything I could ever want in Italian branded products is carried by a company named Greco & Sons distributing located in northern IL, and Southern WI, but they do not deliver up where I am at, So I am trying work out a deal with a distributor that does come up here to bring products handled by Greco with them and to not see a huge increase in cost. Anything to not need to do the drive myself to get product.

I would suggest going to an Italian Deli looking around and writing down brand names such as "Volpi" and the other classic makers of cured meat products.
Hormel has actually came a long way in the last 10-15 years with their Italian style products, Check into their stuff too, You may be surprised.

Even a local specialty store may help you get brand names, then you can contact the manufacturer of those brands to find distributors in your area.
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline locoarts

Re: Where does everyone buy their Italian Lunch Meats?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
Commercial or home use? I am guessing commercial due to you mentioning Sysco.

Different regions for Sysco carry different products, Their Sysco branded products are iffy at best, and then the use brand names like "Arrezzio" and other Italian sounding names for some of the Sysco products to mislead you.

Everything I could ever want in Italian branded products is carried by a company named Greco & Sons distributing located in northern IL, and Southern WI, but they do not deliver up where I am at, So I am trying work out a deal with a distributor that does come up here to bring products handled by Greco with them and to not see a huge increase in cost. Anything to not need to do the drive myself to get product.

I would suggest going to an Italian Deli looking around and writing down brand names such as "Volpi" and the other classic makers of cured meat products.
Hormel has actually came a long way in the last 10-15 years with their Italian style products, Check into their stuff too, You may be surprised.

Even a local specialty store may help you get brand names, then you can contact the manufacturer of those brands to find distributors in your area.

Thanks so much Gotrocks! Yeah Im at the point of trying to pick people's brains - before I make a move and really your help is appreciated! :chef:

pizzapan