Author Topic: Grande East Coast or 50/50  (Read 5192 times)

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Grande East Coast or 50/50
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 07:36:12 PM »
Essen, not sure how far you are from a lunardi's, but I was in SF for thanksgiving and they had tons of poly o and 6 in 1's.   I thought the precious mozzarella that was everywhere was pretty good too as long as you didn't use the pre shred.   

Here are the locations:
http://www.lunardis.com/html/locations.html

I know someone else had poly-o as well.....I think Genova Deli 

Offline Essen1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
Essen, not sure how far you are from a lunardi's, but I was in SF for thanksgiving and they had tons of poly o and 6 in 1's.   I thought the precious mozzarella that was everywhere was pretty good too as long as you didn't use the pre shred.   

Here are the locations:
http://www.lunardis.com/html/locations.html

I know someone else had poly-o as well.....I think Genova Deli 

Scott,

Believe it or not, but I used to work for Lunardi's in Belmont (Bakery) a few years ago. I know they had it but since I moved I haven't checked back with them. Will give it a shot, though, next time I'm down on the Peninsula. Mollie Stone's here in Sausalito used to carry it not too long ago but they discontinued it.

I found a spot on Divisadero in SF, Country Cheese Inc, that might carry it. I have used the Precious cheese before and it's not a bad one, especially when you blend the whole milk and low-moisture together.

Thanks for the tip on Genova Deli.
Mike

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  - Albert Einstein

Offline johnnytuinals

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
No you can't.  There is *lots* of dairy production in  the midwest that doesn't make it more than a 100 or 200 miles from the plant. 

I doubt you'll believe me, because you've started calling me names.  I'm done with this conversation.  enjoy your overpriced bad cheese.

I never called you a name?
Who cares about alot of dairy in the midwest that makes and sells chesse,I thought we were only talking about Grande?
Most places in NYC use Grande(yea need to pay more for a pizza but who cares}PollyO makes a Special Chesse for places that makes pizza,,,,I think I will have to check it out.I think the east coast blend is less oily but I do enjoy
the taste of it..............JT

I