Author Topic: YouTube video of GlutenBoy Pizza Dough  (Read 834 times)

LeviCampbell and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CrustyCook

• I Love Pizza!
YouTube video of GlutenBoy Pizza Dough
« on: November 25, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »
Hello all

I made a video of Glutenboy's Dough recipe here on the forum following My understanding of the recipe. I am placing it here for discussion if anyone likes. I am also linking this thread in my video at YouTube so anyone wanting some clarification can come here and ask questions.

Thanks to glutenboy for the excellent recipe

Thanks to all other's that make this Forum such a success

Keith

Offline Stevezilla

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza Hates Me!
Re: YouTube video of GlutenBoy Pizza Dough
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 08:03:48 PM »
Watching this was the closest I will come to making a pizza over the holiday. I can't comment much on the recipe as it is on my to do list still, and I have not studied it closely. What was the camera, and how was it mounted? Your balling technique is a little different than mine, I may need the watch it more times to understand how so. I'm sure your way is just as good, just different than how I learned.  I was blissfully unaware of the spiral hook, my older model came with a c hook. I see online while not designed for my model the spiral works, so yet another wish list item for Xmas.

I enjoyed the video, glad you put it up.

Offline CrustyCook

• I Love Pizza!
Re: YouTube video of GlutenBoy Pizza Dough
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 12:16:54 PM »
Watching this was the closest I will come to making a pizza over the holiday. I can't comment much on the recipe as it is on my to do list still, and I have not studied it closely. What was the camera, and how was it mounted? Your balling technique is a little different than mine, I may need the watch it more times to understand how so. I'm sure your way is just as good, just different than how I learned.  I was blissfully unaware of the spiral hook, my older model came with a c hook. I see online while not designed for my model the spiral works, so yet another wish list item for Xmas.

I enjoyed the video, glad you put it up.

This Dough makes it easy. I made it Sunday before Thanksgiving and It doesn't get used until the Saturday after. We always have Pizza Saturday night.

The Camera is a Canon Vixia HFR500 mounted on a tripod which was placed on the counter top beside the work area.

It's funny you comment on the Spiral dough hook. That is what mine come with but watching videos everyone seemed to have the C hook so I bought one thinking I was missing something. It seems that the C hook picks up the ingrediants better but once it is all combined it seems the Spiral hook kneads better. The dough doesn't rise up on the hook as bad. Often I start with the C hook and switch to the Spiral now that I have both. If i had only one I would want the spiral hook at this point.

The balling technique below is where I learned it. I may not be exact but it works well for me.

I'm glad someone liked the video. I hope it might help myself and others.

Thanks Keith