Author Topic: Thinnest Crust - Naples Pizzeria, Bayonne, NJ  (Read 1454 times)

Patra

Thinnest Crust - Naples Pizzeria, Bayonne, NJ
« on: March 09, 2005, 09:57:51 PM »
Hi! 
I just discovered this site today and have been going through it for about 2 hours already!  Anyway, I have only made pizza about 5 times on a stone in my home oven and have become obsessed with getting my crust as thin as possible.  Has anyone here ever been to Naples Pizzeria in Bayonne, NJ?  I used to have their pizza a lot,  but have not been that way in a while (I'm on Long Island, NY).  It has the thinnest pizza I have ever had or seen (like paper thin), and I have become determined to replicate it.  Some of the recipies I have seen on this forum were a bit crunchy looking.  This one isn't crunchy, except for the charred edges of the crust.  This pizza is sooooooooooooooooo fantastic!!  I highly recommend it to anyone in that area or passing through.   I was hoping maybe someone knew of this place and/or how they do it???

Thanks!
---Patra  :)

Offline brianc

Re: Thinnest Crust - Naples Pizzeria, Bayonne, NJ
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 10:33:30 AM »
Most of the thin crust recipes on this site are for thin and crispy crust.  If you're just going for a really thin crust that's still kind of soft, I'd recommend starting off with a New York style dough.  I like my crust a bit thicker, but one day when using a dough ball that had been in the refrigerator for about 48 hours, I accidentally let the dough ball get warmer than I usually do before shaping and it was almost like liquid when I stretched it.  The result was a very large pizza that was very thin.  Maybe doing something like that would be a good place to start.

Brian

pizzapan