Author Topic: New Grande Experiment  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Puzzolento

New Grande Experiment
« on: March 03, 2010, 12:05:17 PM »
Last night I made pizza at church again. We got rid of 14 9x12 pies over the course of one service. Not too bad, although the staff and volunteers eat too much.

Today I ran by the church and grabbed the remainder of the Grande samples I got last week. I haven't been able to get 50/50, and I need to get rid of this stuff, so I'm doing an experiment. I'm going to combine Cheddar Blend with ECB. The Cheddar Blend is too sour and oily. The ECB is too bland. I'm wondering if a combination would be better than either alone.

I also brought home enough of the church's Golden Tiger flour to make two pies, plus some Saporito.

The sad thing is, I'll have to throw out almost all of this food. I can't eat two pies. At best, I'll have half a slice of each.

But that's okay. Because it's for science.

Offline Puzzolento

Re: New Grande Experiment
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:46:34 PM »
I just made an 8" square Sicilian with a mix of Grande ECB and Cheddar Blend. I know this will sound crazy, but I can't taste the cheddar at all. It's as if I used pure ECB.

Guess I'll try again, 75/25.

Offline Puzzolento

Re: New Grande Experiment
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:58:55 PM »
I went to 7 ounces Cheddar Blend/2 ounces ECB. Still too bland for my recipe. Funny, because Cheddar Blend seemed sour on a thin pizza.

pizzapan