Author Topic: re-refrigerate dough  (Read 1510 times)

Offline bonesbr549

re-refrigerate dough
« on: March 12, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »
ok, for my son's birthday he requested I make my pizza.  I've made up 7 12" pies and looks like some of the kids wont make it so I'll have a few of the dough balls that have been out rising most of the day not used.  Question is.  Can I put the unused back in the fridge and let them rerise at a later time or are they toast pardon the pun.  I made them last night.   They are the pj'  clone recipie from here and contain sugar,salt,oil, HG flour, and bakers milk. 

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: re-refrigerate dough
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:05:23 PM »
ok, for my son's birthday he requested I make my pizza.  I've made up 7 12" pies and looks like some of the kids wont make it so I'll have a few of the dough balls that have been out rising most of the day not used.  Question is.  Can I put the unused back in the fridge and let them rerise at a later time or are they toast pardon the pun.  I made them last night.   They are the pj'  clone recipie from here and contain sugar,salt,oil, HG flour, and bakers milk. 

It depends on which PJ clone recipe you used and especially the amount of yeast. That aside, it seems that you have several options. If the dough isn't too far gone, you might be able to refrigerate or freeze it for later use, but not for long if you refrigerate the dough (the duration will depend on the age and condition of the dough). You might par-bake the skins (you are likely to need a lot of docking) and refrigerate the par-baked crusts for use over a few days or freeze them for later use. You might also be able to complete the pizzas and then freeze them. The PJ clone pizzas reheat nicely, so you could also finish the pizzas, refrigerate them, and eat reheated slices over the next few days.

Peter

pizzapan