Author Topic: Topping prep cooler  (Read 2289 times)

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Topping prep cooler
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:13:06 PM »
I posted on PMQ and seeing how that site never really answers questions I thought I should post on here. Does anyone know where you would get one of these coolers that is above the table for the toppings the guys is using in the video. http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=3fea6481bef75e29d16ffe2f38c615b8.

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
Re: Topping prep cooler
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 01:32:07 PM »
That is a neat set-up, but why do you feel that the typical pizza-prep cooler will not work just as well for you?

I like the top-access refrigerated bins, but I also like being able to store back-up products down below the prep-shelf too. the set-up in the video is a marble-topped table, but no refrigeration underneath.

Check restaurant depot, acity discount, instawares, and the other web-based suppliers, they may have access to what you want or at least give you manufacturers names to hunt one down

You can get marble tops for the typical prep-coolers, and you can even get refrigerated marble tops through "True Manufacturing" and "Traulsen"

I hope this helps
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:56:43 PM »
That is a neat set-up, but why do you feel that the typical pizza-prep cooler will not work just as well for you?

I like the top-access refrigerated bins, but I also like being able to store back-up products down below the prep-shelf too. the set-up in the video is a marble-topped table, but no refrigeration underneath.

Check restaurant depot, acity discount, instawares, and the other web-based suppliers, they may have access to what you want or at least give you manufacturers names to hunt one down

You can get marble tops for the typical prep-coolers, and you can even get refrigerated marble tops through "True Manufacturing" and "Traulsen"

I hope this helps

I found a company that makes the coolers the day after I posted on PMQ, after I started yelling at people that they are no help on there. Then someone finally answered me. I like the setup because the prep tables that you can buy are ugly. If you are going to open a place and be preping the pies infront of people you want something that looks nice, not some big bulky ugly prep table. The video shows how I would want my prep area to look like if I were to open a place. If you wanted to have refrigerators under the table you could put them there.

Offline GotRocks

• Trying to get financing sucks!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 07:35:54 PM »
Ok, so it is more for aesthetics than functionality. I can respect that, especially with an open-kitchen concept.

PMQ;
 You know, I love that website for the industry specific information that is available and everything else, but the people who post on the forum are truly a different breed.
It seems to be like the "Good ole boys" club with a secret handshake and everything, and if you are not in their tight little circle they will either ignore or bash you.
There is some great stuff to be found on that site in the archives and the E-zine, and I am glad the owners have taken the time & effort to get it out there, I just wish the forum members were a little different and more cordial than what they are.

So, who manufacturers that cooler you like? I am trying to go with an open kitchen concept too, I found a few like it out there, but nothing exactly like shown in the video.
Will you share?
A skinny cook is not to be trusted!

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:11:22 PM »
I don't really go on there to post unless it has something to do with equipment. I don't think the people on there opened a business because they love food, but just because they wanted to make money...atleast thats my opinion. I knew I have seen your name from somewhere, it was on PMQ, didn't you post a question and they all started bashing you?. Anyways the coolers are made by Silver King here is a link. http://www.silverking.com/Products/ProdPrep.aspx. They are the ones at the very bottom f the list there is a 43" and 53".

pizzapan