Author Topic: Stella vs Boars Head  (Read 1062 times)

Offline jasonmtcsn

Stella vs Boars Head
« on: March 06, 2010, 11:42:01 PM »
How good is the Stella brand of mozz? I found some at my local deli, but haven't got myself to buy any yet.
I have been using Boars Head Mozz with pretty nice results, but that Stella keeps grabbing my attention.
I do care about all the areas, but flavor wise, how good is it?
I've been running myself ragged trying to find Grande dry cheese around here(Arizona), but haven't had any luck. Except the fresh Grande, which I didn't really like too much, still have like 2lbs in the fridge. But I'm not a huge fan of fresh Mozz.
I've been holding out on buying some Grande online, and comparing it to BH. I just hate to spend $100 on like 15lbs of it. I'll eventually break down and get it.

Offline SmokinGuitarPlayer

• Owner of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com
    • Fred's Music & BBQ Supply
Re: Stella vs Boars Head
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 10:47:54 PM »
On the subject of the cheese "browning" ...I recently attended Tony Gemignani's school and for the pizzas that used the shredded cheese he had us bake the pies until the cheese was slightly browned ..that was the target and it tasted great that way. I do not know what brand he used but he did say it was 100% whole milk. I have bene using Grande East Coast Blend and not been able to get the browing ...the cheese just melts into a gooey layer ... not my favorite but tastes great anyway...  just FYI.
FB/SGP
Guitar player, dealer and collector. Owner and operator of www.fredsmusicandbbq.com. Seller of barbecue grills and smokers, specializing on the Big Green Egg ceramic grill and all related barbecue cooking supplies...and Wood Fired Ovens and pizza making supplies.

pizzapan